Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 3.73 Average
RESIDENT EVIL 2 AMNESIA EDITION
PutraenusAlivius Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 75
RE: RESIDENT EVIL 2 AMNESIA EDITION

Right now, vengey and dnalange is dead to me. Go away from my mind. (But come back after AAMFP.)

"Veni, vidi, vici."
"I came, I saw, I conquered."
03-13-2013, 03:36 PM
Find
DnALANGE Offline
Banned

Threads: 73

huh,,,,.............
What is going on here??...
What isgoin on with this people on frictional games... Damn!
If you guys continue you will loose more potential builders\buyers\members..
I don't get it.. We never done any harm to you?!?
03-13-2013, 04:25 PM
Find
Kreekakon Offline
Pick a god and pray!

Threads: 70

(03-13-2013, 04:25 PM)dnalange Wrote: huh,,,,.............

I think he was being sarcastic that he really wanted to see this mod happen. It is probably just a joke.

[Image: Tv0YgQb.gif]
Image by BandyGrass
03-13-2013, 05:16 PM
Find
DnALANGE Offline
Banned

Threads: 73

(03-13-2013, 05:16 PM)Kreekakon Wrote:
(03-13-2013, 04:25 PM)dnalange Wrote: huh,,,,.............

I think he was being sarcastic that he really wanted to see this mod happen. It is probably just a joke.

Well..
What a laugh then...
03-13-2013, 05:23 PM
Find
Brosive Offline

Threads: 9

Nevermind, I went back in this thread and realized that they canceled it. Sorry, I had no idea of this until I went back a page. Now i'm kinda disappointed though, I really wanted to see this happen.

[Image: avenged_sevenfold_banner_by_pngsforfree-d48nxnc.gif]
(This post was last modified: 03-13-2013, 07:26 PM by Brosive.)
03-13-2013, 06:45 PM
Find
Kreekakon Offline
Pick a god and pray!

Threads: 70

Okay then...I guess our safest bet is to wait for JustAnotherPlayer to come back, and confirm what his intentions on his post were originally if he so chooses to.

[Image: Tv0YgQb.gif]
Image by BandyGrass
03-13-2013, 07:05 PM
Find
Brosive Offline

Threads: 9

(03-13-2013, 07:04 PM)Robosprog Wrote:
(03-13-2013, 06:45 PM)Brosive Wrote: I don't think it is a joke since vengey said he added a gun to Amnesia. JustAnotherPlayer doesn't like the fact he is doing that and I am assuming that is why he said that.

Please stop stirring, we don't want more drama.

I'm sorry, I wasn't trying to start anything. Sorry if it seemed that way.

Edit: I edited my last post, had no idea it was canceled till now, sorry about that.

[Image: avenged_sevenfold_banner_by_pngsforfree-d48nxnc.gif]
(This post was last modified: 03-13-2013, 07:27 PM by Brosive.)
03-13-2013, 07:11 PM
Find
vengey Offline

Threads: 7

Okay guys, listen, my friend here DnALange has his own way of saying things, but allow me to clarify to you guys what is going on with this game. Yes we have stopped developing it, but it is not because we are like "NYANYANYA SCREW THESE PEOPLE LET'S MESS WITH THEM NYA NYA NYA," that is beyond what we want to do. Guys I am new to the forums, in fact I just met Mr. Lange a month ago, but I have been making stuff for Amnesia for 8 months now on ModdB. I love all of you guys, the inspiration, and the passion to design video games. I do not know what drama has happened between all of you guys in the past 8 months, so please leave me out of it. I am not a contributor to drama nor do I want to contribute to drama. I have one and one passion only, to make video games and entertain the public. I want to go to either RIT or Champlain to major in game design and let my passion to continue shining. All I want is to give back what the community has given to me, love and support for the gaming community. I do not want any drama to start, nor do I want to start any drama, you guys are amazing and a majority of what I do is because of you guys. Now allow me to explain what is really going on with that said, yes we have dropped development of this upcoming Amnesia mod, but it is for good reason, in fact it was a combined agreement between me and Lange that we would cease development, but for different reasons of course. DnALange began doubting the engine's capabilities to truly shine with what we wanted to accomplish, he is more on the functional side of the argument to cease creation. I agreed with his decision BUT I DID NOT AGREE BECAUSE OF THE CAPABILITIES OF THE HPL ENGINE, I fully believe, in fact know it could be accomplished, I even had everything laid out with what we would do, but I did not agree to stop development because of the capabilities of the engine. NO, I stopped development for one and one reason only.

It is because of this:
[Image: resident_evil_5_dx10_high.jpg]

AND this:
[Image: silent-Hill-silent-hill-24634492-640-360.jpg]

RUINING what I used to love about the CLASSIC SURVIVAL HORROR GENRE!

I WANT TO REVITALIZE THE CLASSIC SURVIVAL HORROR GENRE, we need to see more great games with what us children and adults alike loved back in the late 1900s.

So the real reason I chose to cease development is because we are going to use the Unity Engine to bring back the genre I miss that has been given a shot of adrenaline for today's society. I want to remove 3RD Person over-the-head perspectives, I want to remove first person perspectives. I want to give a well needed return to what a lot of people loved with classic Resident Evil, classic silent hill, classic fatal frame, We are making a game to REVIVE THIS perspective in horror gaming, this style of horror gaming, the style of horror that I GREW UP WITH:

[Image: m33MoKO.jpg]

This is what I want to bring back, this is why I wanted to cancel development, so that we could develop something of much greater proportion and greater nostalgia than a remake of a classic game in Amnesia. And the thing that frustrated me the most that proved that I have to go through with this is the desensitization of today's gamers with today's gaming to not know what this genre of horror is.

[Image: 4dmPzIe.jpg]

(03-13-2013, 07:11 PM)Brosive Wrote:
(03-13-2013, 07:04 PM)Robosprog Wrote:
(03-13-2013, 06:45 PM)Brosive Wrote: I don't think it is a joke since vengey said he added a gun to Amnesia. JustAnotherPlayer doesn't like the fact he is doing that and I am assuming that is why he said that.

Please stop stirring, we don't want more drama.

I'm sorry, I wasn't trying to start anything. Sorry if it seemed that way.

Edit: I edited my last post, had no idea it was canceled till now, sorry about that.

Btw we did find a way to add the gun to amnesia, but we have not ceased development because of that, it is because of what I just posted. Please everyone, understand that we are not stopping development to be douchebags, it is definitely the LAST thing I want to do, we ceased development to make something MUCH BIGGER than what we intended on doing.

(This post was last modified: 03-13-2013, 08:53 PM by vengey.)
03-13-2013, 08:51 PM
Find
Macgyverthehero Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 23

Is this a sick joke?

I mean what the fuck?

[Image: Keo88b.gif]
(This post was last modified: 03-13-2013, 09:29 PM by Macgyverthehero.)
03-13-2013, 09:29 PM
Find
Kman Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

(03-13-2013, 09:29 PM)Macgyverthehero Wrote: Is this a sick joke?

I mean what the fuck?

"Waah waah you guys didn't finish a mod I was looking forward to even though it's none of my business what you guys want to work on but I WANT IT NOW SO YOU HAVE TO FINISH IT OR I'LL GET REALLY MAD WAAAHH!!!"

Fucking

Please

Posting Freak
03-13-2013, 10:12 PM
Website Find