Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 1
PutraenusAlivius Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 75
RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion

I already posted 3D rendering of the website.

"Veni, vidi, vici."
"I came, I saw, I conquered."
03-22-2013, 03:10 AM
Find
TiberiusBond Offline

Threads: 0

(03-22-2013, 03:10 AM)JustAnotherPlayer Wrote: I already posted 3D rendering of the website.

Yeah, but you didn't find that the picture's name was "end_of_the_line" which is a curious name for a file like that

[Image: V642RRt.gif]
03-22-2013, 03:42 AM
Find
bluel0bster Offline

Threads: 11

It's possible this was something chineseroom came up with out of boredom since frictional games seem to be handling things from now on.
03-22-2013, 04:19 AM
Find
Tesseract Offline

Threads: 7

The end_of_the_line is just a div id, in that div it contains all of the lines where if you clicked and dragged the mouse over the hidden letters they would appear. There's java script in there calling the div id and telling it to reveal the letters to a certain amount. I don't think it's anything to get too worked up over.
Even though "end_of_the_line" is quite an ambiguous name for a div id. :/

If you don't know what div's are in HTML they're sections that make up a webpage.
Basically you would have a div for the whole page, a div for the top of the page, a div for the center of the page and a div for the bottom of the page. They're used to keep things in certain places. They can be put anywhere and they can hold any amount of code.
03-22-2013, 04:27 AM
Find
Draug Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 5

Does anybody know something about http://thedarkswarm.com/ ?

<meta name="keywords" content="Horror, Game, First Person, Frictional Games, Game Physics, Newton Game Dynamics, Computer Game, Survival Horror, Horror Game, 3D Game, Scary Game, Scary Adventure, Adventure horror, Action adventure, Penumbra Collection, Penumbra, Amnesia, Amnesia The Dark Descent, Dark Descent">
<meta name="description" content="Welcome to the Dark Swarm, Frictional Games media hub. Enjoy the scary game...">
<title>The Dark Swarm - Frictional Games</title>

Don't know if this has anything to do with AAMFP.
03-22-2013, 11:44 AM
Find
PutraenusAlivius Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 75

(03-22-2013, 11:44 AM)droog Wrote: Does anybody know something about http://thedarkswarm.com/ ?

<meta name="keywords" content="Horror, Game, First Person, Frictional Games, Game Physics, Newton Game Dynamics, Computer Game, Survival Horror, Horror Game, 3D Game, Scary Game, Scary Adventure, Adventure horror, Action adventure, Penumbra Collection, Penumbra, Amnesia, Amnesia The Dark Descent, Dark Descent">
<meta name="description" content="Welcome to the Dark Swarm, Frictional Games media hub. Enjoy the scary game...">

It's from an earlier ARG BEFORE the game was formally announced. Websites began to appear. People decrypt them one-by-one. You can see the progress from page 1.

"Veni, vidi, vici."
"I came, I saw, I conquered."
03-22-2013, 11:46 AM
Find
maarten12100 Offline

Threads: 0

(03-22-2013, 11:44 AM)droog Wrote: Does anybody know something about http://thedarkswarm.com/ ?

Maybe their HPL3 based super secret project!...
Or not
(This post was last modified: 03-22-2013, 11:59 AM by maarten12100.)
03-22-2013, 11:58 AM
Find
Draug Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 5

(03-22-2013, 11:46 AM)JustAnotherPlayer Wrote:

It's from an earlier ARG BEFORE the game was formally announced. Websites began to appear. People decrypt them one-by-one. You can see the progress from page 1.

Ah okay, then forget it. Big Grin
03-22-2013, 12:01 PM
Find
AdamD Offline

Well, this new thing about the children could explain the figure seen in the Halloween Teaser, at 0:45...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vxwAGB6Tos0

"Dreaming is easy. Waking up is hard..."
03-22-2013, 12:02 PM
Find
felixmole Offline

(03-21-2013, 04:50 PM)Paddy Wrote: This is probably just me clutching at straws but the two images (the drawing and the letter) are named as follows:

aamfp.com/img_2013/img01_63ou.png
aamfp.com/img_2013/img02_lasoc45.png

You're most probably right, this reminds me the password of the "secret.rar" file you can find in TDD's root path.
03-22-2013, 01:37 PM
Find