Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 1
bluel0bster Offline

Threads: 11
RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion

(03-23-2013, 02:36 AM)Chrysler Wrote: Am I the only one that thinks we already know too much about the story? Let's sum it up what is now definitely known:
* Mandus runs a meat processing facility (letter)
* The machine was constructed by Mandus and it's a new invention (trailer)
* The machine needs a lot of meat (trailer)
* In order to get the required amounts of meat not only pigs are put into it (trailer) -> humans/children?
* Humans/children are fattened with lots of sausages (concept art)
* Orphan children work in his factory (letter)
* Mandus' own children are in danger when he awakes (interview)

Nah, firstly most of that is completely speculation. Secondly we REALLY don't know what the core storyline is about. Like what about the trip to Mexico? Why does Mandus have a fever and amnesia? What the hell is the machine? Who's the awesome main villian we've heard about in interviews?

(03-23-2013, 03:28 AM)Dr. Swinestein Wrote: Did anyone "Squeal" for aamfp ? Whose Voice (Screams) will be in the Game?? ;-)

For all who dont know what I am talking about, read this:

"SQUEAL, little piggies, SQUEAL
We want your fear. Record your screams, your whimpers, your blood curdling shrieks of terror and you could star in Amnesa: A Machine for Pigs.

We are on the hunt for the sounds of fear, panic, terror, anguish, torture and horrid, awful death to include in the soundtrack for Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs.

Send them as Wavs, Oggs or MP3s to piggies@thechineseroom.co.uk

We don’t care who does the screaming. We just want the fear"

I'm curious about this as well, don't know if anybody on the forums have said they did so, I know a few youtubers did though.
(This post was last modified: 03-23-2013, 05:47 AM by bluel0bster.)
03-23-2013, 05:43 AM
Find
Macgyverthehero Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 23

(03-23-2013, 03:28 AM)Dr. Swinestein Wrote: Did anyone "Squeal" for aamfp ? Whose Voice (Screams) will be in the Game?? ;-)

For all who dont know what I am talking about, read this:

"SQUEAL, little piggies, SQUEAL
We want your fear. Record your screams, your whimpers, your blood curdling shrieks of terror and you could star in Amnesa: A Machine for Pigs.

We are on the hunt for the sounds of fear, panic, terror, anguish, torture and horrid, awful death to include in the soundtrack for Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs.

Send them as Wavs, Oggs or MP3s to piggies@thechineseroom.co.uk

We don’t care who does the screaming. We just want the fear"

I know I did.

[Image: Keo88b.gif]
03-23-2013, 06:12 AM
Find
Kein Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 22

SPEAKING OF SQUEALS AND SCREECHES, I did my homework today:

https://soundcloud.com/kein-zantezuken/a...eech-vs-g2

What a lazy job, FG!

"Avoid Capture"
Bugs/Tricks Gallery:
1 | 2 | 3
(This post was last modified: 03-23-2013, 09:10 AM by Kein.)
03-23-2013, 09:08 AM
Find
felixmole Offline

Threads: 7

(03-23-2013, 03:06 AM)Chris Deveaux Wrote:
(03-23-2013, 01:47 AM)Bridge Wrote: Sorry, I was perhaps a little too spiteful. My point was that the gore is not what's scary, it's the concept. This being an Amnesia game, I can only assume TCR will want to keep the psychological aspects that are so central to the original. Saying: "Oh man, I can't wait for the gore" just makes it sound like you don't understand what Amnesia is about, or horror in general.

Oh and also I do know the concept of horror is because I am obbsessed with horror movies pictures games and videos and I know a great and excellently made game or video when I see itTongue Also Iknow how to make good horror and how the tension has to build until a certain part of the game which is what amnesia TDD did and is what AAMFP is probably gonna do.Big Grin So don't tell me i dont know about horror at all and the concept of and the elements or anything else to do with horrorDodgy
Well, if AMFP is like you predict, I'm not gonna play it.
03-23-2013, 09:12 AM
Find
Tesseract Offline

(03-23-2013, 09:08 AM)Kein Wrote: SPEAKING OF SQUEALS AND SCREECHES, I did my homework today:

https://soundcloud.com/kein-zantezuken/a...eech-vs-g2

What a lazy job, FG!

I don't understand... What is a "G2 Molerat"
03-23-2013, 09:34 AM
Find
Sarcophagus Offline

Threads: 8

Did you guys saw the trailer of the upcoming game called OUTLAST?

I was like "holy f*cking sh*t"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2GPf3MdVOKI

Species come and go, but the Earth stands forever fast.
03-23-2013, 10:34 AM
Website Find
felixmole Offline

(03-23-2013, 10:34 AM)Sarcophagus Wrote: Did you guys saw the trailer of the upcoming game called OUTLAST?

I'm not playing this. Gah, I don't know why, but for some reason, I can sense this is very different from Amnesia (and a bit too much jump-scary).

It is due out in 2013. Hope AMFP comes out before it, otherwise it might get less publicity, especially if they both come out at the same period.
03-23-2013, 10:49 AM
Find
Sarcophagus Offline

Threads: 8

(03-23-2013, 10:49 AM)felixmole Wrote:
(03-23-2013, 10:34 AM)Sarcophagus Wrote: Did you guys saw the trailer of the upcoming game called OUTLAST?

I'm not playing this. Gah, I don't know why, but for some reason, I can sense this is very different from Amnesia (and a bit too much jump-scary).

It is due out in 2013. Hope AMFP comes out before it, otherwise it might get less publicity, especially if they both come out at the same period.

Dude, I didn't mean to shout out something like "HEY, THIS GAME BEATS AMNESIA" because it wont, that's for sure. I just wanted to show the game because it looks really nice and it could be a nice secondary 'weapon' along with the new Amnesia.

Species come and go, but the Earth stands forever fast.
03-23-2013, 10:54 AM
Website Find
Kman Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

(03-23-2013, 10:54 AM)Sarcophagus Wrote:
(03-23-2013, 10:49 AM)felixmole Wrote:

Dude, I didn't mean to shout out something like "HEY, THIS GAME BEATS AMNESIA" because it wont, that's for sure. I just wanted to show the game because it looks really nice and it could be a nice secondary 'weapon' along with the new Amnesia.

You should probably make a new thread for stuff like this, since this is supposed to be strictly AMFP related discussion. Though Outlast has a very different style of horror so I don't think they're too comparable

Posting Freak
03-23-2013, 11:01 AM
Website Find
felixmole Offline

(03-23-2013, 10:54 AM)Sarcophagus Wrote: Dude, I didn't mean to shout out something like "HEY, THIS GAME BEATS AMNESIA" because it wont, that's for sure. I just wanted to show the game because it looks really nice and it could be a nice secondary 'weapon' along with the new Amnesia.
Hey, I understood the point of your message, and I appreciate that you mentioned it. I just don't think this is a game I can play (I don't like having heart attacks, I prefer adrenaline-causing games). Smile
03-23-2013, 11:02 AM
Find