Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 1
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Away
Posting Freak

Threads: 0
RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion

Quote: http://i.imgur.com/P6shME4.jpg

For some reason the pipe looks really... weird.
Yeah, it's a bit too smooth and shiny... BUT, did you guys notice the specular maps have color now? Up until now, hpl didn't support colored specular maps, only a b/w channel for spec and a b/w channel for gloss! So in TDD the same pipe would have had a white highlight and thus would've looked like plastic Big Grin
I think that's awesome.

As for how I'm going to play the game... I'll probably come home in the late evening as always and notice it's out on Steam. It'll take a while to download, so it will be night by the time I start playing. I'll keep playing for as long as I can, but at some point I will definitely fearquit o.O And then I won't be able to sleep all night...
(This post was last modified: 03-27-2013, 03:03 PM by xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.)
03-27-2013, 03:03 PM
Find
PutraenusAlivius Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 75

This is me when playing AAMFP.
(Quits game due to tiredness.)
Me : Ah! Time to sleep!
(Footsteps are heard.)
Me : FUCK. ME. SHIT. NOT. THAT. PIG. AGAIN.
(As it turn out, it was my mom Smile)

"Veni, vidi, vici."
"I came, I saw, I conquered."
03-27-2013, 03:06 PM
Find
bluel0bster Offline

Threads: 11

I'm so going to be ready for this game. Upgraded our internet/cable to u-verse, so downloading it should be a breeze. About to order my new gaming rig, so I should be able to play AAMFP highest graphics with good fps. I'll probably invest in a redbull (or three) the night it comes out.
03-27-2013, 03:25 PM
Find
Tesseract Offline

Threads: 7

(03-27-2013, 03:03 PM)Hirnwirbel Wrote:
Quote: http://i.imgur.com/P6shME4.jpg

For some reason the pipe looks really... weird.
Yeah, it's a bit too smooth and shiny... BUT, did you guys notice the specular maps have color now? Up until now, hpl didn't support colored specular maps, only a b/w channel for spec and a b/w channel for gloss! So in TDD the same pipe would have had a white highlight and thus would've looked like plastic Big Grin
I think that's awesome.

As for how I'm going to play the game... I'll probably come home in the late evening as always and notice it's out on Steam. It'll take a while to download, so it will be night by the time I start playing. I'll keep playing for as long as I can, but at some point I will definitely fearquit o.O And then I won't be able to sleep all night...

I noticed the specular maps have colour too, I first noticed it in the second trailer when he gets into the cage, the wall tiles are a yellowy colour when the lantern shines on them.
03-27-2013, 03:30 PM
Find
Deep One Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 9

(03-27-2013, 03:06 PM)JustAnotherPlayer Wrote: This is me when playing AAMFP.
(Footsteps are heard.)

And then your mum says: "Okay sweetie... I discussed with your father and we are going to take away your PC for a month. It's for your own good!"
03-27-2013, 03:33 PM
Find
PutraenusAlivius Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 75

(03-27-2013, 03:33 PM)Deep One Wrote:
(03-27-2013, 03:06 PM)JustAnotherPlayer Wrote: This is me when playing AAMFP.
(Footsteps are heard.)

And then your mum says: "Okay sweetie... I discussed with your father and we are going to take away your PC for a month. It's for your own good!"

NNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

"Veni, vidi, vici."
"I came, I saw, I conquered."
03-27-2013, 03:42 PM
Find
Diz Offline

Threads: 4

(03-27-2013, 03:03 PM)Hirnwirbel Wrote: I'll probably come home in the late evening as always and notice it's out on Steam. It'll take a while to download, so it will be night by the time I start playing. I'll keep playing for as long as I can, but at some point I will definitely fearquit o.O And then I won't be able to sleep all night...

This might be me, as well. I will not try to time it or anything, and I will try to play as much as I can at a time, because I feel it helps make the experience and helpless atmosphere. If you play as much as possible, you do not get to "return to the real world" and have a break, and instead you have an everlasting nightmare experience, with no breathing room.

Of course, I doubt I will manage playing for too long periods at a time due to me being a giant wuss, but at the same time, I do not want to escape and give myself too much of a break when it comes to this kind of experience. ;3

Radidsh is my alternate name. Hungry for horror games? Check out my channel!
03-27-2013, 03:42 PM
Find
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Away
Posting Freak

Quote: Of course, I doubt I will manage playing for too long periods at a time due to me being a giant wuss, but at the same time, I do not want to escape and give myself too much of a break when it comes to this kind of experience. ;3
Yeah, I bet I will play for quite some time without a break, but I won't make much progress in the game during that time, because I'll advance at a snail-pace, cowering in every corner for minutes on end! Big Grin
(This post was last modified: 03-27-2013, 04:29 PM by xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.)
03-27-2013, 04:29 PM
Find
CalumMc Offline

First Post!

My money is definately on this game I am another patiently waiting on release.
03-27-2013, 04:32 PM
Find
TiberiusBond Offline

(03-27-2013, 04:32 PM)CalumMc Wrote: First Post!

My money is definately on this game I am another patiently waiting on release.

Welcome! We are glad to have you here, especially considering the fact you didn't immediately ask when the release date was hahaBig Grin

[Image: V642RRt.gif]
03-27-2013, 04:46 PM
Find