Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Fandom Gruff ┬─┬ノ( º _ ºノ) UNFLIPPED THREAD
Danny Boy Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 85
RE: Random Stuff

04-26-2013, 11:22 PM
Website Find
Froge Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 176

(04-26-2013, 03:29 PM)failedALIAS Wrote:
Spoiler below!

My mother said that, besides the excessive swearing, she agreed with what I was saying. Hell, the letter itself was inspired mainly by what my mother told me when we were sitting in the car, parked behind the school the day I was officially withdrawn. She asked me to remember the IQ testings I had done the summer prior to enrolling in Burris(the school I'm talking about). Well those IQ tests were conducted by a professional who used the data he received to write a paper on me and my learning style, which my mother gave to Burris so that they could understand my situation and better adapt themselves to not only teach me, but other students who may have my learning style. See, Burris was a laboratory school; they conducted experiments on their children to see what teaching methods were appropriate, and because of this they were ahead of public schools in that they were given a larger budget to develop new means of education for the state. This is why we were hopeful about my enrollment, to give myself and others with difficulties like mine a better chance.
So it was odd when I wasn't given any specialized help. The only way the school actually realized I had ADHD was because the Student Teacher of my English class confronted me about my tendency to not turn in homework. She made an appointment with me after school(English was my last period) to discuss the problem with me. At first, I told her it was because I didn't care; which wasn't true, but since I had had a very unfortunate experience in another alternative school, I was prone to thinking of ADHD as nothing more than an excuse. She told me that she didn't believe me, because she and I were friends: we'd talk after school about plays and works of literature, and she was very fond of me, me being very young and interested in the big books(reference). She knew that I had a love of literature and learning, and so I was forced to tell her about my ADHD. Surprised was I to hear that she understood and wanted to help me with my troubles. She then notified the school, and I was given additional help. It wasn't solving my troubles, but was helping me cope with them, a little.
This was when the first semester was more than half over. That's how my mother realized the school hadn't even read the papers she'd given them, regarding my education and whatnot. In their arrogance, they'd thrown away a golden opportunity to help me and others with similar difficulties. That, my dear Watson, is why I was and still am upset.

And since you don't seem to know, I'm 15. I left that school not a month ago. To explain why I didn't correct you when you initially stated that I was 19: I thought it fun to play along, and since you probably got that idea from me in the first place, I figured it only right that I didn't contradict myself.

Glad to know you're a litfag, like me

Spoiler below!
A bit too young, though...

Spoiler below!
List your favourite works of literature. NAO.

[Image: p229xcq]
04-26-2013, 11:48 PM
Find
failedALIAS Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 16

The Picture of Dorian Gray(I found Lord Henry amazingly awesome), A Clockwork Orange(duh), Galapagos, Slaughter-House Five, The Mezzanine, The Rats in the Walls, Catcher in the Rye(feels), that one Steinbeck thing with the really smart Asian guy and his friend who's depressed for awhile, Screw-Jack, and Macbeth.
04-26-2013, 11:54 PM
Find
eliasfrost Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 34

(04-26-2013, 11:22 PM)Danny Boy Wrote:

I love this guy

[Image: indiedb_88x31.png]
04-26-2013, 11:55 PM
Find
Danny Boy Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 85

(04-26-2013, 11:55 PM)Naked? No Wrote: I love this guy

<3
04-27-2013, 12:03 AM
Website Find
failedALIAS Offline
Posting Freak

*inhale* I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream, American Psycho, Snuff, and The Wanting Seed.
04-27-2013, 12:04 AM
Find
Froge Offline
Posting Freak

(04-26-2013, 11:54 PM)failedALIAS Wrote: The Picture of Dorian Gray(I found Lord Henry amazingly awesome), A Clockwork Orange(duh), Galapagos, Slaughter-House Five, The Mezzanine, The Rats in the Walls, Catcher in the Rye(feels), that one Steinbeck thing with the really smart Asian guy and his friend who's depressed for awhile, Screw-Jack, and Macbeth.
2 meinstrim 4 me

(04-27-2013, 12:04 AM)failedALIAS Wrote: *inhale* I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream, American Psycho, Snuff, and The Wanting Seed.
nao das moar liek it

04-27-2013, 12:08 AM
Find
failedALIAS Offline
Posting Freak

Childhoods End, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, King Jame's Bible, The Martian Chronicles, Metamorphosis, Law and Punishment, The Adventures of Huckleberry Fin(or whatever), this one novel about these hippies finding the remains of Jesus, and The Odyssey.

Catch-22, One Flew over the Cuckoo's Nest, John Dies at the End, Flesh Machine, Seeing Rainbows in Black-and-White.

Wait, Screw-Jack is too mainstream for you? Don't dis gonzo!
(This post was last modified: 04-27-2013, 12:15 AM by failedALIAS.)
04-27-2013, 12:10 AM
Find
Froge Offline
Posting Freak

not all but most of them in your first list was meinstrim

anyweis ALIAS I would rate your tastes as 6.5/10 but that is just my personal biased and unliterary opinion

04-27-2013, 12:18 AM
Find
failedALIAS Offline
Posting Freak

Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?, Being John Malkovich, Heart of Darkness and the Congo Diary, Son of a Circus, Anthem, Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close.

(04-27-2013, 12:18 AM)Chronofluff Wrote: anyweis ALIAS I would rate your tastes as 6.5/10 but that is just my personal biased and unliterary opinion

How old are you?
(This post was last modified: 04-27-2013, 12:23 AM by failedALIAS.)
04-27-2013, 12:22 AM
Find