Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

PewDiePie arguing
Plazmater Offline

Threads: 24
RE: AAMFP GAMEPLAY - Warning: PewDiePie

Mors Praematura is also playing there in one of the parts, it seems it´s little tweaked, it´s also playing from phonograph maybe ? just like in Justine.
08-25-2013, 04:32 PM
Find
i3670 Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 74
RE: Amnesia and Pewdiepie

(08-25-2013, 04:17 PM)JPTS Wrote: I don't see a problem with PDP receiving a copy of the game and acting as he do. But I don't see the point of showing how to solve a puzzle, jumpscares and a monster. He could promote the game without that.

It'd be sufficient with a video of him showing the game (not gameplay) and talking about how excited he is about playing it.

"What you think is irrelevant" - A character of our time

A Christmas Hunt
08-25-2013, 04:32 PM
Find
JPTS Offline

Threads: 0

(08-25-2013, 04:32 PM)i3670 Wrote: It'd be sufficient with a video of him showing the game (not gameplay) and talking about how excited he is about playing it.

Exactly! People would be interested in the game anyway. It might even make them more curious.
08-25-2013, 04:49 PM
Find
LordOfDragons Offline

Threads: 14
RE: AAMFP GAMEPLAY - Warning: PewDiePie

Dayum, i really want to hear the updated Terror Meter (Chase Music), when the mummy thing chases PDP. But his overreacted screams are totally ruining it, it only gives me earrapes...
And dont even think about watching with earphones...

The question that will never be answered:
SOMA WHY ARE YOU SO BEAUTIFUL? ;_;
08-25-2013, 04:50 PM
Find
Bridge Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

Have you guys forgotten about this? Although it's not from the main game it does "spoil" many things such as the gameplay mechanics and the monster - things you would expect a demo such as this to showcase. Were you guys equally angry at this video? I bet not, and this was months before release. So either admit that you have an irrational hatred of Pewdiepie or an irrational fear of any spoilers no matter how minor. I'm going to refrain from watching the video but you guys are being absolutely ridiculous. Personally, I think the importance of not seeing the enemies in horror games is grossly overstated. It helps, but you guys act as if the entire game is rendered totally ineffectual by catching a mere glimpse of it (I assume) prior to playing.
08-25-2013, 05:02 PM
Find
Ossie Offline

Threads: 8

(08-25-2013, 04:49 PM)JPTS Wrote:
(08-25-2013, 04:32 PM)i3670 Wrote: It'd be sufficient with a video of him showing the game (not gameplay) and talking about how excited he is about playing it.

Exactly! People would be interested in the game anyway. It might even make them more curious.

Couldn't agree more.

Frictional must be really tired of some of us criticising their every move (regarding the delays, severe lack of information, and now this far too early video from the dreaded PDP) - as a result they may well dislike us 'dedicated' fans; we're just TOO critical. Smile (which is maybe why the presence of PDP's video makes it appear like the game is aimed at the immature and juvenile PDP crowd).
(This post was last modified: 08-25-2013, 05:13 PM by Ossie.)
08-25-2013, 05:04 PM
Find
maarten12100 Offline

(08-25-2013, 04:30 PM)BossPiggy Wrote:
(08-25-2013, 04:21 PM)Raipe Wrote: I never could have imagined that Frictional would have ruined the whole game by letting Chinese Room to be part of it, but also letting PleaseDiePew faggotrism to market it...
Have jens and thomas fell that deep to beg money from a swedish autist who screams like a elementary school student to get money via his help? Ok, sorry for those tasteless idiots who i may have insulted, but this whole amnesia thing has already died inside me after this scandal. Even fatal frames look scarier than that new scheisse you market with that attentionw***e.

Because i am german, i can clearly read the word " Scheisse " in your answer... Well Its right, i dont like this screaming idiot too. He overreacts and already screams when a fly is on his screen...
As I said we Europeans tend to be too serious to like it (due to us being sober and pretty high educated)

Not that I care for Pewdie being Swedish but a gf of a friend of mine from Sweden recently bashed our Skype chat calling us racists(about 15 people with plenty of multi culti) just because we're from Western Europe blaming us for all that she has been put trough. (She was from Bosnia)

I guess they are the laughing stock of Europe right after the French, Italy, Netherlands(that is mine).
I really wish deep down in my heart my country would be more like Germany where people are more serious. (My dad has lived there for about 10 years during military service)
Big thumbs up for the German people.
08-25-2013, 05:17 PM
Find
Yuhaney Offline
Hello Friends!

Threads: 100

This is old.

[Image: Screen_shot_2012-10-20_at_9.14.37_PM.png]

08-25-2013, 05:19 PM
Website Find
Ossie Offline

Threads: 8

(08-25-2013, 05:02 PM)Bridge Wrote: Have you guys forgotten about this? Although it's not from the main game it does "spoil" many things such as the gameplay mechanics and the monster - things you would expect a demo such as this to showcase. Were you guys equally angry at this video? I bet not, and this was months before release. So either admit that you have an irrational hatred of Pewdiepie or an irrational fear of any spoilers no matter how minor. I'm going to refrain from watching the video but you guys are being absolutely ridiculous. Personally, I think the importance of not seeing the enemies in horror games is grossly overstated. It helps, but you guys act as if the entire game is rendered totally ineffectual by catching a mere glimpse of it (I assume) prior to playing.

I was wondering when somebody would bring this up - you took your time! Wink

Do remember that three years ago things were VERY different - practically NOBODY had heard of AAMFP so Frictional had to try and garner as much attention as they could without spending a fortune on marketing. The video that you linked to (and others) and the demo was their solution. It helped but it didn't immediately pull in millions of eager punters - it took time and a few months before sales became really good and word of mouth spread as to just how great a game it was. Sales then picked up tremendously.

Now things are very different - practically everyone knows that AAMFP is on the way so it's really not necessary to release a demo of any sort prior to release. The two trailers we've had over the past year are quite sufficient to do the job - hardly anything is spoiled by them and we don't have to suffer PDP screaming his head off either.

Grab yourself a drink and read the following Frictional blogs on the history of ATDD and its release and early sales - they are very interesting:

http://frictionalgames.blogspot.co.uk/20...nesia.html

http://frictionalgames.blogspot.co.uk/20...lease.html
(This post was last modified: 08-25-2013, 05:34 PM by Ossie.)
08-25-2013, 05:19 PM
Find
maarten12100 Offline

(08-25-2013, 05:19 PM)Scraper Wrote: This is old.
Spoiler below!

[Image: Screen_shot_2012-10-20_at_9.14.37_PM.png]
As I said just a person moved by great as nearly all big youtube channels.
Those who fail to notice that don't know how advertising works.

He has gone beyond his own statement even though:
Quote:It wasn't his un-spoiler-taged spoiler the spoiler is on his hands
~Maarten
The original quote is about blood and murder though.
(This post was last modified: 08-25-2013, 05:29 PM by maarten12100.)
08-25-2013, 05:28 PM
Find