Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Religion
TheWalshinator Offline

Threads: 3
RE: Religion

Your signature, what does it mean to you?
What is your story?

Testimony is everything, because it isn't just about how bad the situation is; it is how people get out of that situation that makes them heard.

You will see me, and weep in cold fear...
11-02-2013, 12:46 PM
Find
BAndrew Offline

Threads: 23

(11-02-2013, 12:46 PM)TheWalshinator Wrote: Your signature, what does it mean to you?
What is your story?

Testimony is everything, because it isn't just about how bad the situation is; it is how people get out of that situation that makes them heard.

Excuse me? My signature is a quote from a known person that I find interesting and it's irrelevant to the discussion.

You did not answer to my post.

•I have found the answer to the universe and everything, but this sign is too small to contain it.

[Image: k2g44ae]

11-02-2013, 12:51 PM
Find
TheWalshinator Offline

You may think you have no need of God, but the Universe isn't eternal. Every physical thing has an end.

11-02-2013, 12:57 PM
Find
BAndrew Offline

(11-02-2013, 12:57 PM)TheWalshinator Wrote: You may think you have no need of God, but the Universe isn't eternal. Every physical thing has an end.

How come the universe isn't eternal? Do you have any evidence for this?

Even if
Quote:Every physical thing has an end.
the Universe could be an infinite series of rebirths and deaths and therefore eternal.

•I have found the answer to the universe and everything, but this sign is too small to contain it.

(This post was last modified: 11-02-2013, 01:00 PM by BAndrew.)
11-02-2013, 01:00 PM
Find
TheWalshinator Offline

Even if it has infinite rebirths, even if it is eternal, does that mean that the human race is eternal?

11-02-2013, 01:02 PM
Find
i3670 Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 74

The problem that religion and science has in common is that they are essentially pointless. I have no need to know if God exists or not, I have no need to know if there is an afterlife, I have have no need to know whether the earth revolves around the sound or how many dimensions the world has. They have no impact on my everyday life.

Religion and science are just trying to fill the void of meaninglessness with invented entities. Religion is invented and science is redundant. They are searching for true knowledge and reason in an unreasonable world.

"What you think is irrelevant" - A character of our time

A Christmas Hunt
11-02-2013, 01:03 PM
Find
BAndrew Offline

(11-02-2013, 01:02 PM)TheWalshinator Wrote: Even if it has infinite rebirths, even if it is eternal, does that mean that the human race is eternal?

No of course not. Human race is not eternal.

But what's you point? I never claimed humans are eternal.

11-02-2013, 01:03 PM
Find
TheWalshinator Offline

So, you are believing that the Universe has rebirthed before? And that by chance animals and humans were included in the mix, and that it won't happen in the next rebirth?

11-02-2013, 01:06 PM
Find
BAndrew Offline

(11-02-2013, 01:03 PM)i3670 Wrote: The problem that religion and science has in common is that they are essentially pointless. I have no need to know if God exists or not, I have no need to know if there is an afterlife, I have have no need to know whether the earth revolves around the sound or how many dimensions the world has. They have no impact on my everyday life.

Religion and science are just trying to fill the void of meaninglessness with invented entities. Religion is invented and science is redundant. They are searching for true knowledge and reason in an unreasonable world.

I find this post highly ironic. You are suggesting that:

Quote: science is essentially pointless. | science has no impact on everyday life. |

while at the same time you are using the INTERNET.

(11-02-2013, 01:06 PM)TheWalshinator Wrote: So, you are believing that the Universe has rebirthed before? And that by chance animals and humans were included in the mix, and that it won't happen in the next rebirth?

I don't believe this scenario because there isn't any evidence. The whole point was to show you that there is no need for God.

(This post was last modified: 11-02-2013, 01:09 PM by BAndrew.)
11-02-2013, 01:07 PM
Find
TheWalshinator Offline

(11-02-2013, 01:07 PM)BAndrew Wrote:
(11-02-2013, 01:06 PM)TheWalshinator Wrote: So, you are believing that the Universe has rebirthed before? And that by chance animals and humans were included in the mix, and that it won't happen in the next rebirth?

I don't believe this scenario because there isn't any evidence. The whole point was to show you that there is no need for God.
Then what are you saying man? How can you explain man in the Universe? And don't say Big Bang because that has only ever been a theory, while many History books will agree that there was a Jesus?

(This post was last modified: 11-02-2013, 01:16 PM by TheWalshinator.)
11-02-2013, 01:14 PM
Find