Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Fandom Gruff ┬─┬ノ( º _ ºノ) UNFLIPPED THREAD
Slanderous Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 78
RE: Random Stuff

(05-06-2014, 04:57 PM)noname Wrote: I am bored

I don't ca ... Well okay.
05-06-2014, 05:45 PM
Find
Froge Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 176

(05-06-2014, 03:11 PM)Red Wrote: Work work work, it never ends. Everytime i get home, it feels like elephant has rumbled over me million times.
Why reality has to be so harsh to a weak and fragile man like me?

I just started a job, and it's terrible. 3 hour commute + 8 hour work day.

[Image: p229xcq]
05-07-2014, 12:44 AM
Find
Potato Offline

Threads: 10

woah

[Image: o8JPTkt.jpg]
upsilon floorbot is a qt pa2t
05-07-2014, 02:39 AM
Find
Kman Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

(05-06-2014, 11:34 AM)Red Wrote: Though i am not best to judge, It's about that less qualified and experieced people would take some advice how to improve their grammar.

except that this entire train of thought ignores the fact that the entire purpose of language is to communicate thoughts and emotions and as a result if someone is able to use the tool in this way then they have done their job and that if you actually base your judgement of someone's thoughts on trivial details within how they communicate rather than the actual content of what they're saying you're completely missing the point of language and ironically showing through this judgement that you're not as credible since you'd rather focus on the semantics of the thought process rather than the actual ideas expressed

its like if you heard a new band and said "wow this sucks look at how bad the colors of their guitars are"

i should make it clear i don't care if you do/don't care about proper grammar that's your business however don't think that that somehow makes you superior or more intelligent and please don't go out of your way to correct people on theirs when they don't ask for it and it isn't relevant at all (especially if its clear english isn't their first language) cause that shits just obnoxious

Posting Freak
(This post was last modified: 05-07-2014, 04:55 AM by Kman.)
05-07-2014, 04:13 AM
Website Find
PutraenusAlivius Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 75

[Image: 6c4J2vw.jpg]

Can someone tell me how is this possible?

"Veni, vidi, vici."
"I came, I saw, I conquered."
05-07-2014, 06:10 AM
Find
Red Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 49

(05-07-2014, 04:13 AM)Kman Wrote:
(05-06-2014, 11:34 AM)Red Wrote: Though i am not best to judge, It's about that less qualified and experieced people would take some advice how to improve their grammar.

except that this entire train of thought ignores the fact that the entire purpose of language is to communicate thoughts and emotions and as a result if someone is able to use the tool in this way then they have done their job and that if you actually base your judgement of someone's thoughts on trivial details within how they communicate rather than the actual content of what they're saying you're completely missing the point of language and ironically showing through this judgement that you're not as credible since you'd rather focus on the semantics of the thought process rather than the actual ideas expressed

its like if you heard a new band and said "wow this sucks look at how bad the colors of their guitars are"

i should make it clear i don't care if you do/don't care about proper grammar that's your business however don't think that that somehow makes you superior or more intelligent and please don't go out of your way to correct people on theirs when they don't ask for it and it isn't relevant at all (especially if its clear english isn't their first language) cause that shits just obnoxious
Or it could mean their guitars are out of tone.

Bad grammar can cause misunderstandings, whe you give advice you help to prevent them. But of course there are people who make fun out of it, they should understand that maybe this invidual is not native speaker.
05-07-2014, 06:36 AM
Find
Kman Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

while it can cause misunderstandings yes about 95% of the time you can get the basic idea of what they're trying to say pretty easily regardless, you have to have basically no or very very little understanding of how the english language works for it not to be clear what message they're trying to send

my point is that given that when its clear what the person was trying to say its pretty unnecessary and obnoxious to butt in and point out some error they made when the large large majority of the time whatever the error was wasn't actually making them any more difficult to understand and pointing it out wasn't necessary or relevant to the situation

sure if someone ASKS for help on grammar or if its a situation where it's necessary or expected to use proper english then go wild, but like in the case of that SCP thread it was 100% clear what he was saying and pointing out his mistake was not necessary at all considering it was a casual setting

Posting Freak
05-07-2014, 06:48 AM
Website Find
FlawlessHappiness Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 145

Correct. Just like it's the parent's who should raise a kid, we're not the ones to teach about grammar. Teachers are...

Trying is the first step to success.
(This post was last modified: 05-07-2014, 07:01 AM by FlawlessHappiness.)
05-07-2014, 07:01 AM
Find
Romulator Offline
Not Tech Support ;-)

Threads: 63

(05-07-2014, 06:10 AM)SomethingRidiculous Wrote: [Image: 6c4J2vw.jpg]

Can someone tell me how is this possible?

Unregistered guys can post in the Technical Support Section, and I believe they can view the Off Topic and Announcements Smile The Replying part however, I dont know

Discord: Romulator#0001
[Image: 3f6f01a904.png]
(This post was last modified: 05-07-2014, 07:19 AM by Romulator.)
05-07-2014, 07:13 AM
Find
Red Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 49

Ofc, but it didn't make things any worse either, just a little correction, i couldn't help myself but to point it out. I handled it polite way, there was no intentions of subjection nor watching down the person.
Trivial advice is trivial advice, you accept it or ignore it. You can choose do you want to improve your grammar on that bit or not.
05-07-2014, 07:17 AM
Find