Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 25 Vote(s) - 3.64 Average
La Caza Full Release (And Custom Story Download)
thomsone Offline

Threads: 0
RE: La Caza Full Release

ah, I forget to read about that in notebook Smile thx
04-19-2011, 07:01 AM
Find
skypeskype Offline

Threads: 6

Just finished it and all I can say is WOW. The design was awsome, scares were great (the suit of armour one scared me the most, I always had a phobia of that happening D: ), the ending was great, though you kinda rushed it a little bit.

Overall great story, looking forward to playing another one from you. ^^
04-19-2011, 12:19 PM
Website Find
thesnake Offline

Threads: 1

Having trouble installing...extracted everything into C:\Program Files (x86)\Amnesia - The Dark Descent and ran the La Caza.exe file. But when I run the file all I get is a quick cmd prompt and nothing happens. Huh
Never mind, it seems I was able to get it to work. I moved the files to their locations in the redist folder along with lacaza.exe. Then I added the config to the target line on the Amnesia shorcut and ran lacaza.exe. It asked for my serial key upon launch so I put it in and eureka it works. Time to play Big Grin
(This post was last modified: 04-19-2011, 02:32 PM by thesnake.)
04-19-2011, 02:01 PM
Find
Fomzo Offline

Threads: 13

Eee I have a question - WHERE DO I EXTRACT LA CAZA AND HOW DO I RUN IT? It's kind of strange CS - with its own .exe...
04-19-2011, 02:36 PM
Find
w3sp Offline

Threads: 4

1) Are you sure it's supposed to be installed to the root folder and not the redist folder? The first would make no sense to me.

2) Why does it ask me to enter my serial when I run your lacaza.exe file? Don't get me wrong, but I don't really feel like entering my validation code in someone else's executable file.

How to play your game/mod as a custom story instead?
04-19-2011, 02:59 PM
Find
Cryaotic Offline

Threads: 13

(04-19-2011, 02:59 PM)w3sp Wrote: 1) Are you sure it's supposed to be installed to the root folder and not the redist folder? The first would make no sense to me.

2) Why does it ask me to enter my serial when I run your lacaza.exe file? Don't get me wrong, but I don't really feel like entering my validation code in someone else's executable file.

How to play your game/mod as a custom story instead?

If you are running with the Steam version, just put it in your G:\Steam\steamapps\common\amnesia the dark descent

If you're not running Steam, I cannot say for sure since I don't have that installed.

Just overwrite the folders (uninstalling is as simple as deleted the LaCaza subfolders) and then once that is all in there just run the .exe.

As for it popping up asking for a validation code, I believe someone had that issue before and resolved it. There is nothing malicious involved with Russ Money's .exe, it's just the game being silly and not recognizing that it already has it installed properly.

04-19-2011, 03:56 PM
Find
RazTK Offline

Threads: 1

It asks you for the serial because the mod is using a different directory to store its config files; "My Documents\Amnesia\Lacaza" instead of "My Documents\Amnesia\Main", where the file which holds your serial resides ("installkey"). Just enter your serial again and it won't ask you the next time.
04-19-2011, 05:06 PM
Find
w3sp Offline

Threads: 4

Yep, I figured that out already. I still think it would have been better to just have it as a regular custom story so that people don't have to re-enter their validation key and setup the entire keybinds, graphicoptions, etc again.

Nonetheless I'm still looking forward to play this custom story in the near future while streaming it.
04-19-2011, 05:21 PM
Find
Dark Knight Offline

Threads: 5

(04-19-2011, 12:27 AM)Russ Money Wrote:
Spoiler below!
Use it on the alter, it's kinda picky. But use it ON the alter.

yes, for the first time a catch a fucking BUG.

just replaying sacrifice chamber - use heart on alter - all works fine and i finished the game.

but all i can say - for the first time bug still exist!
04-19-2011, 06:36 PM
Find
Russ Money Offline

Threads: 25

(04-19-2011, 05:21 PM)w3sp Wrote: Yep, I figured that out already. I still think it would have been better to just have it as a regular custom story so that people don't have to re-enter their validation key and setup the entire keybinds, graphicoptions, etc again.

Nonetheless I'm still looking forward to play this custom story in the near future while streaming it.

You can also move over your save information to the
"MyDocuments\Amnesia\Lacaza"

from

"MyDocuments\Amnesia\Main"

It'll transfer all your setup to La Caza, also flagging it to skip the Pre-Menu though.

04-20-2011, 12:45 AM
Find