Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Any News On The Next Instalment?
Gasjockey Offline

Threads: 1
RE: Any News On The Next Instalment?

(09-09-2011, 11:39 AM)BrooksyFC Wrote:
(09-08-2011, 10:01 PM)Gasjockey Wrote:
(09-08-2011, 09:37 PM)hollowleviathan Wrote: What a very off-topic and divisive thing to ask. That kind of discussions is best reserved for the Off-Topic forum.
Fine. I shall use the almighty power of editing to erase this horrible mistake Tongue

ON TOPIC: I'd say that the next frictional game is probably gonna have a larger number of outdoor scenes, what with their work on terrain generation. That doesn't really narrow it down much tho... could be anything from a sandbox to another amnesia-ish game to a cow farming mmo Smile
I was just wondering what it is for, don't remember it having a use. Just suggesting there could be more items with different uses.

That's awesome if they are working on a terrain generator. Would be a cool step forward working on an outdoor environment, I think for the better as there will be more exploration. Plus more space means you need to be on guard more often for monsters. I still like the indoor environments, but with a bit more building variation, like caves or churches, something like that.

yeah, totally agree with you there. It would also be very beneficial for custom story creators, I think. The way you make outdoor levels in the current engine is, well, not optimal Tongue They have already finished it btw, link

From the introduction:

"Now that I have a working algorithm for terrain rendering, I wanted to try making some of it procedurally. This would not be used in order to generate levels, but instead to help artists add some extra detail and perhaps for some effects."

Member of the secret society of TCaMtRLHfPSMUYRYRtWWtPtKYOoPFatHHG
(This post was last modified: 09-09-2011, 01:11 PM by Gasjockey.)
09-09-2011, 01:11 PM
Find
BrooksyFC Offline

Threads: 11

That's class. Good to see that they are building the engine to a new level, always good to here. Yeah my mate is making a custom story, and has an outdoor area, but you can only see from outside a window, not sure if you can go to it. But people have made custom storys where you go in forests which is good to see.

Just read this article: Amnesia One Year Later. It's a great read to see how the game has done and there's a part on the next game at the bottom...

Think A Little, Change A Lot
09-09-2011, 01:26 PM
Find
Gasjockey Offline

I know. Real interesting stuff, it's always good to hear they are hard at work on the next game. I just wish they'd release some more info... Ah well, it's fun reading all the speculation anyways Tongue

(This post was last modified: 09-09-2011, 01:32 PM by Gasjockey.)
09-09-2011, 01:32 PM
Find
BrooksyFC Offline

Yeah its good let they show gamers the stuff they are working on with the new engine and actually release footage on how they did it. Most developers just release trailers, but to show the work behind it as well is cool. But yeah hopefully we may get some new info soon, but they mentioned something about consoles as well. Might work, but in my opinion it will always work on PC Smile

09-09-2011, 01:40 PM
Find
Gasjockey Offline

PC will pretty much always win out over consoles in the hardcore-ish market. It's still a good choice I think, as it will bring in some more cash in the bank for them. If their next game is on par with amnesia, they definitely deserve it.

I have always been a sucker for "behind-the-scenes" stuff so I really enjoy all the tech info they are showing. The only other company I've seen that comes close to Frictional's level is Valve, but they only have in-game commentary...

09-09-2011, 02:09 PM
Find
hollowleviathan Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 2

http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/k9...he/c2ilq4p

"Our new game will almost certainly be on at least one console though!"
09-09-2011, 08:10 PM
Find
BrooksyFC Offline

Yeah totally agree. I find horrors much scarier on PC than console. Not sure why. But yeah having it on a console would be great for the money, if it would work. Something like Minecraft, i don't think would work on the console.

But there are more console gamer's which would expand more in the market and would get more to play Frictional Games other titles, making more money Tongue. I would have thought the Xbox...

09-09-2011, 08:54 PM
Find
Gasjockey Offline

From reddit

Hmmmm...

09-09-2011, 09:02 PM
Find
hollowleviathan Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 2

http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/k9...he/c2imbhu

"No co-op for next game."

I don't see much more news in the reddit thread, besides that the ending(s?) for the next game will be more fleshed out and full than the brief epilogues of Amnesia.
09-09-2011, 09:34 PM
Find
BrooksyFC Offline

(09-09-2011, 09:02 PM)Gasjockey Wrote: From reddit

Hmmmm...
That's what my friend showed me a while back, couldn't find the link though, cheers Wink

I'm not too sure what to make of it though, doesn't look as dark as there other games. Like one of the comments said, it looks like one of the big daddies from Bioshock. From the picture of the tunnel, kinda looks underwater with what I can see as pipes and water running down.

Co-op would have been fun in the game, not sure how it would work weather it would be you as daniel and someone else as the monster. Hide 'n' Seek Tongue

09-10-2011, 12:25 AM
Find