Frictional Games Forum (read-only)
What has discovering Amnesia/Frictional Games done for you? - Printable Version

+- Frictional Games Forum (read-only) (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Amnesia: The Dark Descent (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-18.html)
+--- Thread: What has discovering Amnesia/Frictional Games done for you? (/thread-21084.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

RE: What has discovering Amnesia/Frictional Games done for you? - Kman - 04-08-2013

I KILLED A MAN

RE: What has discovering Amnesia/Frictional Games done for you? - failedALIAS - 04-08-2013

(04-08-2013, 03:52 AM)Kman Wrote: I KILLED A MAN

Yeah, I just didn't want to go there. On topic: It helped me see puzzles and go "Man, how logic it is!"

RE: What has discovering Amnesia/Frictional Games done for you? - GiggleBlizzard - 04-08-2013

Put a gun upon his head

RE: What has discovering Amnesia/Frictional Games done for you? - Ossie - 04-08-2013

Funnily enough, what Amnesia has done for me is introduced me to the world of Let's Plays on YouTube - I first watched Tobygames LP of the game and found it a real hoot, then I discovered far better LPs by the likes of HarshlyCritical, Day9tv and Chaoticmonki - since then I've watched a hell of a lot of Amnesia LPs as well as a great many LPs for other games.

RE: What has discovering Amnesia/Frictional Games done for you? - Deep One - 04-08-2013

Amnesia got me into horror genre, I started to play horror games, watch horror movies, read horror etc.

RE: What has discovering Amnesia/Frictional Games done for you? - 7heDubz - 04-08-2013

In short?

Yes.

RE: What has discovering Amnesia/Frictional Games done for you? - CorinthianMerchant - 04-08-2013

Amnesia was my first horror game, and it made me more interested in the genre.

It also made me meet you guys, you are all fucking awesome!!! Big Grin You are all really nice, helpful and cool. You helped me get into amnesia modding, you shared your opinions, and you introduced me to new things such as MLP and Streetlight Manifesto (thanks Kman).

RE: What has discovering Amnesia/Frictional Games done for you? - Bridge - 04-08-2013

So I didn't sleep at all last night due to Penumbra: Black Plague, again, which is really surprising to me. The game is actually just as scary a second time, even though (and maybe because) I know what's going to happen in advance. I even found myself sneaking around in the first hub area even though I knew there was nothing there; it just feels so unsafe. I still think the last area in the game is utterly horrifying, more so than anything in Amnesia.

RE: What has discovering Amnesia/Frictional Games done for you? - Wooderson - 04-08-2013

(04-08-2013, 07:47 AM)GiggleBlizzard Wrote:

Put a gun upon his head

Pulled mah triggah now hes dead.

RE: What has discovering Amnesia/Frictional Games done for you? - Nosecrawler - 04-08-2013

What has Amnesia changed about me?
It has set the bar way too high to classify any other 'horror' game on the market as scary. I can barely enjoy scary games properly now lolz.

So I guess that finding about this game was both a blessing and a curse.