Frictional Games Forum (read-only)
My grunt hallucination is turned completely around and isn't running towards me - Printable Version

+- Frictional Games Forum (read-only) (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Amnesia: The Dark Descent (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Custom Stories, TCs & Mods - Development (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-38.html)
+---- Forum: Development Support (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-39.html)
+---- Thread: My grunt hallucination is turned completely around and isn't running towards me (/thread-18559.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

My grunt hallucination is turned completely around and isn't running towards me - ironman0001 - 09-29-2012

I made a grunt hallucination and he is turned completely around And doesn't run towards me... And in the level editor, i have him facing where my character is going to walk... I want him to be facing me and runs towards me as soon as he pops up!

(09-29-2012, 07:02 PM)ironman0001 Wrote: I made a grunt hallucination and he is turned completely around And doesn't run towards me... And in the level editor, i have him facing where my character is going to walk... I want him to be facing me and runs towards me as soon as he pops up!
Bump

RE: My grunt hallucination is turned completely around and isn't running towards me - Statyk - 09-29-2012

He faces the one way in game at all times. Try using the search bar before posting a thread. Use clever mapping or scripts.

RE: My grunt hallucination is turned completely around and isn't running towards me - i3670 - 09-30-2012

just put ShowEnemyPlayerPosition(string& asName); in the script. Problem solved.

RE: My grunt hallucination is turned completely around and isn't running towards me - Robby - 09-30-2012

ironman0001, you're creating too many threads. Write all your problems into one thread, so that'll keep things clear in this forum.

RE: My grunt hallucination is turned completely around and isn't running towards me - ironman0001 - 10-01-2012

I have another question! How do i make the character look around?

RE: My grunt hallucination is turned completely around and isn't running towards me - Robby - 10-01-2012

With a script?

Use this function:

void StartPlayerLookAt(string& asEntityName, float afSpeedMul, float afMaxSpeed, string& asAtTargetCallback);
void StopPlayerLookAt();
Forces the player to look at a certain entity until StopPlayerLookAt is used.
asEntityName - the entity to look at
afSpeedMul - how fast should the player look at the entity
afMaxSpeed - maximum speed allowed
asAtTargetCallback - function to call when player looks at target

RE: My grunt hallucination is turned completely around and isn't running towards me - Kreekakon - 10-01-2012

You can use the StartPlayerLookAt script to make the player look at a certain spot. Also, I never fumbled much with these, but the various camera altering scripts should work too depending on your needs.

Look them up in Script functions on the wiki.

RE: My grunt hallucination is turned completely around and isn't running towards me - Robby - 10-01-2012

Script Functions Page

RE: My grunt hallucination is turned completely around and isn't running towards me - ironman0001 - 10-01-2012

(10-01-2012, 07:43 PM)Nemet Robert Wrote: With a script?

Use this function:

void StartPlayerLookAt(string& asEntityName, float afSpeedMul, float afMaxSpeed, string& asAtTargetCallback);
void StopPlayerLookAt();
Forces the player to look at a certain entity until StopPlayerLookAt is used.
asEntityName - the entity to look at
afSpeedMul - how fast should the player look at the entity
afMaxSpeed - maximum speed allowed
asAtTargetCallback - function to call when player looks at target
And is there a way to make an enemy just stand without attacking?

(10-01-2012, 07:53 PM)ironman0001 Wrote: And is there a way to make an enemy just stand without attacking?
Possible. You click the enemy (go to its "entity" tab), and select "DisableTriggers" or something like that. That should do it.