Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

What part of Amnesia scared you the most?
AJRacer543 Offline

Threads: 0
RE: What part of Amnesia scared you the most?

(02-17-2013, 03:31 PM)Zgroktar Wrote:
(02-16-2013, 06:10 PM)JustAnotherPlayer Wrote: Storage? Really? The scariest part is the Prison, the only level that made me NEVER to play the original story, AGAIN.

While the grunt-infested Prison is really horrible, and I was running many times back at the start of the level, I didn't felt the utter dread I've felt at the Transept and Choir, because at that time I realized that Daniel is as much of monster as Alexander.

Good point there. Choir was also pretty terrible for me. Not only because of the flashbacks Daniel was getting by that point, but also that Brute spawned about 15 times ;____; Getting caught by the Grunt in the Transept and brought to the prison where you are chased by the shadow was a pretty heart racing moment. I hate running away from things in mazes
02-19-2013, 04:37 PM
Find
Tiger Away
Posting Freak

Threads: 16

(02-19-2013, 04:37 PM)AJRacer543 Wrote:
(02-16-2013, 06:10 PM)JustAnotherPlayer Wrote: Storage? Really? The scariest part is the Prison, the only level that made me NEVER to play the original story, AGAIN.

While the grunt-infested Prison is really horrible, and I was running many times back at the start of the level, I didn't felt the utter dread I've felt at the Transept and Choir, because at that time I realized that Daniel is as much of monster as Alexander.

Good point there. Choir was also pretty terrible for me. Not only because of the flashbacks Daniel was getting by that point, but also that Brute spawned about 15 times ;____; Getting caught by the Grunt in the Transept and brought to the prison where you are chased by the shadow was a pretty heart racing moment. I hate running away from things in mazes

The transept is the room with the spiralstaircase and the three different torturechambers. You never meet a monster there. I think you'r talking about the chancel, the big "room" after the Nave where you meet Agrippa.
(This post was last modified: 02-19-2013, 10:36 PM by Tiger.)
02-19-2013, 10:35 PM
Find
Damascus Rose Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 22

the part with the big naked scary blue man

[Image: damascusrose2.png]
02-20-2013, 02:47 AM
Find
Ghieri Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 8

(02-20-2013, 02:47 AM)Damascus Rose Wrote: the part with the big naked scary blue man

That's just ALEKSANDOR and his tasty PRUNE HEAD. Nothing scary about that.

So I haven't played Amnesia in about 3 months, so I open it up and start a new save. I was playing this with new headphones, so I heard a lot of sounds that I didn't pick up before.

God help me.

[Image: tumblr_n6m5lsQThQ1qc99nxo1_250.gif]
(This post was last modified: 02-20-2013, 03:16 AM by Ghieri.)
02-20-2013, 03:14 AM
Find
AJRacer543 Offline

(02-19-2013, 10:35 PM)Tigerwaw Wrote:

The transept is the room with the spiralstaircase and the three different torturechambers. You never meet a monster there. I think you'r talking about the chancel, the big "room" after the Nave where you meet Agrippa.

Oh yes.. My bad. Haven't played the original story in quite a while. The Transept definitely had a freaky atmosphere to it. The whole end of the game really freaked me out.
02-20-2013, 06:37 PM
Find
Tiger Away
Posting Freak

Threads: 16

(02-20-2013, 06:37 PM)AJRacer543 Wrote:
(02-19-2013, 10:35 PM)Tigerwaw Wrote:

Oh yes.. My bad. Haven't played the original story in quite a while. The Transept definitely had a freaky atmosphere to it. The whole end of the game really freaked me out.

Yeah, I replayed and completed it last weekend. On "only" 5 hours actually ^^
02-20-2013, 07:13 PM
Find
Margaret Offline

Threads: 3

The Choir, because I couldn't see far ahead of me, and didn't dare light a lantern because I knew something else was in there with me. The fact that I have absolutely no sense of direction didn't help! Even before I entered the Main Hall I was spooked because of the "paint the lines, cut the man" scene. Listening to "myself" cold-bloodedly carrying that out, and mimicking the terror of the victim, was probably the most horrifying thing in the whole game.
02-25-2013, 04:55 AM
Find
TheCyroGaming Offline

I got freaked out during the guest room part around the time where you had to fix the elevator, I was exploring the guest room when a monster came in, ofcourse intellegent me took the corner to hide instead of a perfectly fine closet XD
(This post was last modified: 03-02-2013, 03:57 AM by TheCyroGaming.)
03-02-2013, 03:57 AM
Find
Zippy Offline

Threads: 1

The Storage. Reading "The darkness here feels strange and unnatural." added an extreme amount of paranoia and caused me to be overcautious.
03-02-2013, 03:07 PM
Find
7heDubz Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 40

The place (i believe it was the dungeon) with the broken down column that you had to cross water to get across.

Might have been the choir...

Either way what Margaret said!!

"because I couldn't see far ahead of me, and didn't dare light a lantern because I knew something else was in there with me. The fact that I have absolutely no sense of direction didn't help!"

03-02-2013, 03:15 PM
Find