Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

A message from Senator Charles E. Schumer
Paddy™ Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 43
RE: A message from Senator Charles E. Schumer

(07-12-2014, 01:03 AM)BAndrew Wrote: No. If I had, it would be pretty obvious for me, wouldn't it?

For a man who thinks Charles E. Schumer actually emailed him personally, it seems that the obvious isn't one of your strong points Cool

From where did you receive the email? If it's from a server other than Gmail you can trace the IP address (it'll be in the X-Originating-IP part of the email's source code). If it turns out to be Pakistan it's probably safe to chalk it up to a spam bot/phisher.

Phishing or not, how they got your details in the first place is a mystery. I'd guess that a website where you use that username/email has had its database harvested for user info, which was then used to spam-sign a petition or something, as Ashtoreth suggested, resulting in this generic "dear [insert name]" email response. Activist spam bots are a thing now, used as a means of inflating figures for various causes (which is especially ironic in this case). Automated democracy; it's a brave new world!

Check your email address here to see if it's been "pwned" (i.e. stolen & misused):

https://www.pwnedlist.com/query

If you get a hit, you'd best change your passwords.

07-12-2014, 02:32 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: A message from Senator Charles E. Schumer - by Paddy™ - 07-12-2014, 02:32 AM