Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

ATI HD Problem: Beta hotfix available - UPDATED 11/6
bugmenot Offline

Threads: 21
Solved: 8 Years, 2 Months ago RE: ATI HD Problem: Beta hotfix available - UPDATED 11/6

V-Card: ATI Radeon 4850HD Duel-head
Issues: Some textures were missing in Overture, but most issues were fixed with the latest update...

I finally beat Overture, and now I NEED to play BP, I can't get past the first level because almost all textures are missing, although the walls, and foundations act properly... The coke machine looks like some form of new laser graffiti... lol

The boxes were missing before I tried the debug EXE, which seemed to fix a few issues, but not all... The game is still unplayable... I know I only paid $5 from steam, but I simply must play this game... Please advise...

If I have to, I'll go buy a dang n-vidia from Wal-mart and return it once I beat the game... Dodgy

Edit: I narrowed the issue down to shader quality... On LOW it works as expected, but takes away the game's key aspect... Lighting... Everything is bright, and glowsticks/flashlights are not needed...

UPDATE: add this to sticky... Big Grin

DISABLE 'AERO' BEFORE GAME PLAY!!

I was tinkering around with some stuff, and ended up crashing Aero by accident... Opening and closing the game many time's quickly, apparently ran my v-Card out of available memory (Might have had more than 1 copy open) so on Windows 7 DWM was shut-down due to this memory usage (or so the message said) Wink

I have successfully restarted the program with Aero enabled, yes I know you don't have to restart, but I wanted to give it a fresh go.

Tests with Aero = FAIL

Tests without Aero = SUCCESS

Also take note I tested using your 'HotFix'... Wink
07-18-2009, 11:45 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread