Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Known Issues with the Level Editor
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

Threads: 59
RE: Known Issues with the Level Editor

I've got a few early mentions of the new editors.

1. Is it possible to improve the time it takes for the editor to boot? The HPL2 ones took about 5 seconds, the HPL3 level editor takes more like 2 minutes. Why? I know I'm not the only one with this issue.

2. Also, I noticed you can no longer zoom using the mouse wheel while ALT is being held. Why? Can this be added back? I hold ALT when I navigate the camera, and so using ALT to rotate, but then have to release it to zoom is really awkward. It's not like holding it and using the mouse wheel has a different function so why was it removed?

3. Another thing is the scale mode (E). Scaling using the center piece (to do all directions) seems buggy and makes the object extremely large while dragging in any direction. I can't seem to scale it down using this method.
Edit: This was apparently only the case with a light object, not an entity. Bug?
Edit 2: Actually... It seems to work now... Hmm...

By the way, I also noticed that the editor now uses the system's pointer. Thank you. Makes everything slightly more comfortable.

(This post was last modified: 09-26-2015, 05:38 PM by Mudbill.)
09-26-2015, 02:55 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Known Issues with the Level Editor - by PeGe - 09-24-2015, 09:15 PM
RE: Known Issues with the Level Editor - by Mudbill - 09-26-2015, 02:55 PM
RE: Known Issues with the Level Editor - by Luis - 09-28-2015, 09:13 AM
RE: Known Issues with the Level Editor - by Luis - 09-28-2015, 09:29 AM
RE: Known Issues with the Level Editor - by enex - 10-04-2015, 11:35 AM