Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 2.13 Average
Echoes of a Sunless City - Work in Progress
Argoon Offline

Threads: 5
RE: Echoes of a Sunless City - Work in Progress

(10-08-2010, 12:35 AM)einfrnirdyr Wrote: Sorry, how are the .dds textures used..? I am not getting the desired result.

I may use fog. It will depend on how the rest of the map goes. Light blue fog would be great for this outdoor path, sure; but a substantial portion of the map will be underground, too, and I don't think that lightly coloured fog will work in those locations.

Still, it's worth experimenting with once those other areas are built. I may be able to get away with setting the fog min Z draw distance at a greater range than the largest underground location so that the fog doesn't affect those parts of the map. I will keep that in mind while building those areas. Keep 'em tight and still allow the fog to do its thing outdoors. Yeah, I should keep that in mind when building the subterranean portion of the map.

Thanks, either way, I will try it out.

You need to make a skybox from six different directions of a sky image (4 sides, top and bottom), for example you can use this free skyboxes.

http://www.3delyvisions.com/skf1.htm

Just convert the .jpg to .dds with paint.net or even photoshop.
10-19-2010, 01:19 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Echoes of a Sunless City - Work in Progress - by Argoon - 10-19-2010, 01:19 AM