Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Work in progress [RELEASE DATE 2012/7/7 ] Hell Awakening Prologue: The Dorm
Acies Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 60
RE: Hell Awakening Prologue: The Dorm

Oh I get what you mean now! Making the color of the ceiling closer to that of the fan, and lights to achieve better transition. Am I correct?
Ah, yes that was one example you could do :> Except, without the lights part. What I meant is that the room looks very evenly lit. That could be due to the brightening of the image, but going from the image, I'd recommend having some darker areas and some lighter areas --> Variations in the light.

But I don't really think that's such a great idea. Main reason I went for this is to leave a bit of contrast between the planes, and entities, so that it won't hurt everyone's eyes by all being white. I pictured your suggestion in my head for a bit, but I think what I have now might look better.

That was one of the things you could do. There are probably very many other different textures which would suit your requirement of having contrast. But, if you feel that the amnesia textures "do their job" you can keep it that way. The reason to why I suggest you'd add new ones is that it takes away from the "amnesia feel"/"indentification of the area as an amnesia area" - making the player feel as if they are visiting a new environment; your school.

[Image: mZiYnxe.png]

04-07-2012, 02:48 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Hell Awakening Prologue: The Dorm - by Acies - 03-28-2012, 08:26 PM
RE: Hell Awakening Prologue: The Dorm - by Acies - 03-29-2012, 06:13 PM
RE: Hell Awakening Prologue: The Dorm - by Acies - 04-07-2012, 02:12 PM
RE: Hell Awakening Prologue: The Dorm - by Acies - 04-07-2012, 02:25 PM
RE: Hell Awakening Prologue: The Dorm - by Acies - 04-07-2012, 02:48 PM