Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Poll: Agree with Jack Thompson or No?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes, I agree with the man.
5.56%
1 5.56%
No, I don't.
61.11%
11 61.11%
I am too scared to answer because Jack Thompson is under my bed.
33.33%
6 33.33%
Total 18 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Jack Thompson (hide your games!)
the dark side Offline

Threads: 9
RE: Jack Thompson (hide your games!)

i Personally dont think maturity has anything to do with it..

in my opinion, violent videogames are not the cause of evil actions, they are meerly an accelerant, those people who play these violent videogames, and then go mad in a shopping mall with an m16, are in my opinion, already evil and insane, they were probably born evil and insane...

if a person is insane enough to kill, they are going to kill, videogames will not controll that, just accelerate it, its just, if they play games, they are liable to go mental with an ak aged 15 because someone took the mickey out of them at school, instead og aged 40 when they get fired from the post office. banning violent games is not going to stop the massacres, nor will gun controll, (it doesnt work, i live in the Uk were guns are Illegal, and we get massacres here!) it will only delay them.

we had evil people murdering people long before the videogame was ever invented, John Wilkes Boothe anyone?

maturity isnt a factor either. i have a mental age of 11, i have autism, by all logic, when you consider ive been playing games like soldier of fortune 2 for far more years than is good for me, i should be a raving loonatic! yet violence, in reality, is Abhorrent to me! i dont even like the idea of killing a spider! so, maturity isnt really the answer.

i think its a case of, the people who do the killing are insane from birth, and videogame controll isnt going to change that.

all thompson does is swing more people on to violent videogames, did you know i only played GTA SA because i wanted to see why he, and the anti videogame lobby were making such a fuss, i found quite a lot of it to be absolutely Disgusting, but i could also see that a lot more of it was a heck of a lot of fun, i can see why its so popular., i disliked it, so i dont play it, i wouldnt stop people from playing it though.
basically, all the anti game lobby is doing is giving violent games free publicity.

im not saying there shouldnt be an anti violent game lobby, as some companies lack the respect to self monitor themselves, and can produce games so depraived even I think should never be launched, and io agree with the modern warfare 3 advert being baneed from being shown in the UK before the watershed, as i can see why children would find it frightning! i wouldnt want children seeing it!

they just need to back down and stop treating videogames like they are the spawn of the devil. because they do a lot of good. they are especially good at helping people with hand eye co-ordination difficulties and slow mental response, as the fast pace of videogames improves both mental reaction time, and hand eye co-ordination, i myself have benefited from the hand eye co-ordination improvements given by games. so it really makes me cross when people treat all games like the devil made them, when really, only a few deserve that anger.
(This post was last modified: 07-25-2012, 10:17 PM by the dark side.)
07-25-2012, 10:15 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
Jack Thompson (hide your games!) - by Dr.Rumstain - 07-14-2012, 12:48 AM
RE: Jack Thompson (hide your games!) - by Zaari - 07-14-2012, 01:11 AM
RE: Jack Thompson (hide your games!) - by Yuhaney - 07-14-2012, 07:48 PM
RE: Jack Thompson (hide your games!) - by Traggey - 07-14-2012, 08:22 PM
RE: Jack Thompson (hide your games!) - by Yuhaney - 07-14-2012, 08:54 PM
RE: Jack Thompson (hide your games!) - by Traggey - 07-14-2012, 09:14 PM
RE: Jack Thompson (hide your games!) - by Kman - 07-14-2012, 10:23 PM
RE: Jack Thompson (hide your games!) - by Yuhaney - 07-14-2012, 11:42 PM
RE: Jack Thompson (hide your games!) - by Kman - 07-16-2012, 10:40 PM