Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Custom Story Feedback and Possible Enrolement.
Anxt Offline

Threads: 12
RE: Custom Story Feedback and Possible Enrolement.

Well, ultimately it is too short to really say anything major. I would say try to avoid forcing the player to do too much. For example, forcing me to look at the chair when it moves, or making me inactive during the brute scene. Overall the game is meant to make the player feel he is responsible for his own life, and forcing the player to stand still (out of fear, I suppose could work, but still) goes against that in my opinion.

The lighting was decent, seems like you put effort into how you light your maps, which is good. There are a few instances that seem off, but nothing major.

Lack of music can be a good design choice, but I feel this was rather lacking in sounds and atmosphere (at least for now), so it could very much benefit from it I think.

Sometimes it is better to let the player see something is wrong, rather than telling them so via the "unsettling event" reaction. Gasping, and the built-in effect, can be good when major things go wrong or something easily noticeable has just happened, but don't be afraid to put in some things that makes the player wonder whether he/she actually saw what they think they saw.

The moving armor bit has been done so much that it is very predictable, though I suppose it ultimately comes down to experience as to whether you have seen it done or not. Nothing really WRONG with using it, but personally even when watching the video, I knew what was going to happen as soon as you walked past the 2 initial suits.

Ultimately, I would like to see what you can do with story development and overall progression of the story. What you have here is a good start.

07-20-2012, 07:22 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Custom Story Feedback and Possible Enrolement. - by Anxt - 07-20-2012, 07:22 PM