Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 2.13 Average
Rose marry hill and Haunted house comes togheter in a indie game!
darkely Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 87
RE: Rose marry hill and Haunted house comes togheter in a indie game!

(05-01-2013, 08:34 AM)Kman Wrote: The source code is basically the foundation that the engine and the game itself are built on. I don't really know how to describe it better than that, but since we don't have access to it it's impossible to change certain key aspects of the game even with full conversions and also why it's impossible to make a stand alone game with HPL2

So basically in order for them to make any substantial changes (that couldn't otherwise be done by just making a CS) they would need the source code. I highly doubt these two (or this group I should say) have the source code. It doesn't seem like something they would fork over to just anyone.

The person wanting to create this is claiming that they have they have "engine files" (as he says right here) seems highly unlikely to me. I could be wrong, but I am pretty sure I'm not too far off the mark.

(This post was last modified: 05-01-2013, 06:21 PM by darkely.)
05-01-2013, 08:40 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Rose marry hill and Haunted house comes togheter in a indie game! - by darkely - 05-01-2013, 08:40 AM