Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

2015-05 Wednesday 15th, SOMA is now in beta
Traggey Offline
is mildly amused

Threads: 74
RE: 2015-05 Wednesday 15th, SOMA is now in beta

(04-21-2015, 06:32 PM)Googolplex Wrote: I'm thinking completely different, because this will ruin the effect of puzzles that are based on interactions. For example if there is a cable which you have to put into a machine or a lever to operate, I always enjoyed in Penumbra and Amnesia to find out myself how to move things. When the game shows you what to do it feels like it's forcing me the interaction and spoil the movement of objects required for solving puzzles.
So it ruins the immersion for me. I'm sure this could be modded out, but I would prefer to avoid such "mainstream features" completely. Or to make an option to switch between normal and easy indicators.

Nobody had problems to open doors, a chest or to operate things in Amnesia. The controls are very easy compared to other games. There is no need to tell the player in which direction he has to open doors etc. A bit logical thinking shouldn't be required too much to play a game.

From where are you getting the idea that there even are interactable puzzles? There's been zero info released about that at all.
04-24-2015, 10:42 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2015-05 Wednesday 15th, SOMA is now in beta - by LazzerBackup - 04-19-2015, 12:11 AM
RE: 2015-05 Wednesday 15th, SOMA is now in beta - by Traggey - 04-24-2015, 10:42 PM