Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[HPL3 WIKI] What kind of tutorials/pages would you like to see?
PythonBlue Offline

Threads: 13
RE: [HPL3 WIKI] What kind of tutorials/pages would you like to see?

Well, despite Frictional still not having mods or the modding tools officially available for Mac, yet, I did finally manage to get those features anyway thanks to a BootCamp partition running Windows 8.

That being said, in my roughly-24-hour-long experiment with the level editing in particular, I'm a bit disappointed how little documentation is currently provided regarding all the scripting functions. For instance, in the beginning of my test map, the player wakes up. There is a player wake-up module, but, like for the other user modules listed in the wiki, very little information is provided on how to use; even the arguments of the functions are omitted in the wiki. Needless to say, while I did figure out the functions I absolutely needed, it was a combination of copying from the unmodded SOMA and some trial and error.

The gist of this message is that I'm hoping more scripting info will be provided later.

(This post was last modified: 10-02-2015, 08:24 PM by PythonBlue.)
10-02-2015, 08:24 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: [HPL3 WIKI] What kind of tutorials/pages would you like to see? - by PythonBlue - 10-02-2015, 08:24 PM