Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[HPL3 WIKI] What kind of tutorials/pages would you like to see?
Aifa Offline

Threads: 0
RE: [HPL3 WIKI] What kind of tutorials/pages would you like to see?

Any chance you guys will look at the elevator? I want to make a simple elevator between 2 floors but the script and the map itself in theta is so confusing, I figured out how to move the elevator but then there's things like it needs to start slow, the door needs to close, etc.

The base map has a bunch of areas, a second elevator literally on top of another and.. I just don't know Tongue

The basic idea behind what I want is basically:
  • Player opens the elevator and enters
  • Players chooses on a terminal which floor he want to move to(But just a button for now is fine since a GUI terminal takes a bunch of work by itself)
  • Elevator door closes before moving the elevator
  • Elevator starts slowly into the direction of the next floor
  • After a slow start the elevator moves quicker
  • Just before arriving it slows down to stop and after it stops the elevator door opens
  • When the player exits the elevator door closes

I want to be able to repeat that process going up and down between 2 or more floors.
Would this be really difficult to do? Would the slow start/stop make it too difficult?
I hope you guys can help me out with this because the base map doesn't exactly help me, especially since it works different(Elevator breaks and you have to get out)
10-06-2015, 02:06 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: [HPL3 WIKI] What kind of tutorials/pages would you like to see? - by Aifa - 10-06-2015, 02:06 PM