Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[HPL3 WIKI] What kind of tutorials/pages would you like to see?
WALP Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 34
RE: [HPL3 WIKI] What kind of tutorials/pages would you like to see?

(10-06-2015, 02:08 PM)Romulator Wrote: I have an idea how to do it. I'll take a look later for you. Smile I'll add it to the OP so I don't forget~

New page up. https://wiki.frictionalgames.com/hpl3/co...r/monsters

OP Updated.

Nice tutorial.

Given this is for beginner's though, I think you should have showed the basic pathfinder_track_add setup instead, where you just write a list of all pathnodes you want your monster to follow. ex:

Pathfinder_Track_Add("Test_Monster","PathNodeArea_6",1,4);
Pathfinder_Track_Add("Test_Monster","PathNodeArea_18",1,4);
Pathfinder_Track_Add("Test_Monster","PathNodeArea_62",1,4);

While requiring more typing this setup is simpler to understand and avoids beginner's needing to learn for loops and pathnodes scripting at the same time. It's also a little bit more flexible to use this method, since you can place nodes without worrying about number, and when wanting to change a node in the middle of the track, you only have to type in the number of that node, while the for loop setup requires changing both the number of the new node and the old node so they dont overlap.

Both setups have their advantages, but given the list setup is simpler it is easier to learn first, while the for loop setup could be included as an extra.

You writing these tutorials is something I really appreciate so I hope you dont take offense from my suggestion.
10-07-2015, 03:25 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: [HPL3 WIKI] What kind of tutorials/pages would you like to see? - by WALP - 10-07-2015, 03:25 PM