Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[HPL3 WIKI] What kind of tutorials/pages would you like to see?
NewPueblo Offline

Threads: 2
RE: [HPL3 WIKI] What kind of tutorials/pages would you like to see?

It would actually be really nice if there were tutorials on how to make use and optimize level creation via knowledge of the assets and tools in the HPL3 editor.

While "attempting" to make some new progress on my mod I realized that I kept running into walls, sometimes even ones that looked exactly like, while trying to learn more about what was available to me. I'm a hands-on learner, so I need to experiment and see the results of the experiments. A problem with the HPL3 engine however, or more so the purpose of it, is that there isn't a good reason for me to use these tools.

I love SOMA, and all the other games that came before it, but I would like to know what's so good about it. Why a custom-made engine was used for all of these great games instead of an existing one. If I don't know the full extent of these tools then I'll just keeping running into dead-ends, as I'm not aware of their full potential.

(btw, by tools I mean everything that's available within HPL3, not the in-editor button tools)
(This post was last modified: 09-02-2016, 06:26 AM by NewPueblo.)
09-02-2016, 06:22 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: [HPL3 WIKI] What kind of tutorials/pages would you like to see? - by NewPueblo - 09-02-2016, 06:22 AM