Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 1.8 Average
Why is the engine frame-rate limited?
Eigenmusic Offline

Threads: 0
Solved: 8 Years, 2 Months ago RE: Why is the engine frame-rate limited?

(09-11-2010, 02:21 PM)Gvaz Wrote: My refresh rate of my monitor is 60 though...
Right, so your situation indicates that something in the pipeline of game->opengl->gpu driver->gpu->monitor is not working properly; no idea what it might be, and I don't know enough about what could be wrong to help unfortunately. Undecided

Nonetheless, your graphics processor KNOWS what refresh rate the monitor is using; after all, your graphics driver is what TELLS the monitor what refresh rate to use. Tongue

If someone has their monitor set to refresh at 120 Hz and has v-sync on, I sure hope that their gpu is capable of producing a constant 120+ fps! If not, then the processor is going to be dropping your framerate in order to keep the frames synced. The important thing to note here is that v-sync will sync to the vertical refresh rate (60/75/120/etc Hz), not just 60 Hz; therefore, that is not the problem for you.

Also, thanks MulleDK19 for posting that image; I had wanted to make something similar, but was far too lazy. Rolleyes
09-11-2010, 04:33 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why is the engine frame-rate limited? - by Eigenmusic - 09-11-2010, 04:33 PM