Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 1
Deep One Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 9
RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion

I'm almost hoping that they would release it in next Halloween
04-23-2013, 08:08 PM
Find
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Away
Posting Freak

Threads: 0

Quote: Is incredible that people of Frictional Games not take trouble to announce news of AAMFP as the screenshots that we saw these days. We had to find out about it by other websites.
Well, to be fair, the official Frictional page here probably doesn't get nearly as many views per day as a page like The Escapist. Wink I mean, just take a look around the forum - there's only a handful of people here who really visit regularly, apart from those there's not that much activity going on. So while it's indeed a bit weird that they don't update their own page, even when sending content to other sites, it's actually not really a big deal...I mean in terms of marketing.
(This post was last modified: 04-23-2013, 10:06 PM by xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.)
04-23-2013, 10:04 PM
Find
AJRacer543 Offline

(04-23-2013, 10:04 PM)Hirnwirbel Wrote:
Quote: Is incredible that people of Frictional Games not take trouble to announce news of AAMFP as the screenshots that we saw these days. We had to find out about it by other websites.
Well, to be fair, the official Frictional page here probably doesn't get nearly as many views per day as a page like The Escapist. Wink I mean, just take a look around the forum - there's only a handful of people here who really visit regularly, apart from those there's not that much activity going on. So while it's indeed a bit weird that they don't update their own page, even when sending content to other sites, it's actually not really a big deal...I mean in terms of marketing.

Would still be nice for them to post here too, for us Smile
04-23-2013, 10:25 PM
Find
MyRedNeptune Offline

Threads: 3

bump+1letterofyourchoice

^(;,;)^
04-23-2013, 10:26 PM
Find
Nice Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 37

(04-23-2013, 10:26 PM)MyRedNeptune Wrote: bump+1letterofyourchoice

wat

Sorry but we cannot change your avatar as the new avatar you specified is too big. The maximum dimensions are 80x80 (width x height)
04-23-2013, 10:41 PM
Find
MyRedNeptune Offline

Threads: 3

(04-23-2013, 10:41 PM)Dogfood Wrote:
(04-23-2013, 10:26 PM)MyRedNeptune Wrote: bump+1letterofyourchoice

wat

apparently, just typing "bump" isn't enough. not enough characters, apparently. hmph. Dodgy

^(;,;)^
04-23-2013, 10:46 PM
Find
bluel0bster Offline

Threads: 11

(04-23-2013, 07:44 PM)Statyk Wrote: Am I the only one that doesn't flip shit when it's pushed back? I can wait for the game if it means a better product...

This is also why you should never set a release date for anything unless you are ABSOLUTELY 110% positive it's coming out that day. If it comes Q4, I don't mind. I'm not in a rush to play it. I've been too busy playing TF2...

There's an inverse parabolic relationship between the amount of dev time spent polishing a game and how much it actually improves. In other words, the longer they spend polishing the game, the less progress they make on a daily basis.

Is it worth waiting an extra month for a considerably better product? Of course. Is it worth waiting 6 months for a small handful of minor bug fixes? Nope. I'm more than willing to wait a little longer if it's worth it, but only if it's worth it...
04-23-2013, 11:58 PM
Find
Tesseract Offline

Threads: 7

(04-23-2013, 07:44 PM)Statyk Wrote: Am I the only one that doesn't flip shit when it's pushed back? I can wait for the game if it means a better product...

This is also why you should never set a release date for anything unless you are ABSOLUTELY 110% positive it's coming out that day. If it comes Q4, I don't mind. I'm not in a rush to play it. I've been too busy playing TF2...

Well I have said it before. Pushing the date back further and further just to add those finishing touches doesn't always mean the game will improve, I'll use my drawing analogy once again, have you ever drawn a picture you thought looked fantastic and you kept adding more details to it after the picture was finished? After adding all of those extra things you realize that your picture looks horrible and over done? Polishing something can only go so far until you ruin what was an already good finished product. Yes I'm patient for the game but I'd love to know where it's at in terms of being finished.
04-24-2013, 12:33 AM
Find
WALP Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 34

(04-24-2013, 12:33 AM)Delirium92 Wrote:

Well I have said it before. Pushing the date back further and further just to add those finishing touches doesn't always mean the game will improve, I'll use my drawing analogy once again, have you ever drawn a picture you thought looked fantastic and you kept adding more details to it after the picture was finished? After adding all of those extra things you realize that your picture looks horrible and over done? Polishing something can only go so far until you ruin what was an already good finished product. Yes I'm patient for the game but I'd love to know where it's at in terms of being finished.
The thing is that in games there are almost always so many parts of the image that must be ignored or halfassed to make a deadline.
As far as I know they have been dealing with quite a deadline since it was initially not supposed to be an entire game but just an expansion like justine. but now things suddenly change and they can go back and patch up whatever they have had skip, but even so there will always be an endless pile of things to polish. one example of something in the pile would be the many recycled assets we have seen.
04-24-2013, 12:42 AM
Find
TiberiusBond Offline

Uhm, another site says Q3, I hope they've only copied the typo from the other site...http://bloody-disgusting.com/news/322956...s-screens/

EDIT:
but this one gets it right
http://www.dsogaming.com/news/new-screen...sibly-get/

Bloody hell, this is confusing, but sounds like mostly typos to me now

[Image: V642RRt.gif]
(This post was last modified: 04-24-2013, 02:14 AM by TiberiusBond.)
04-24-2013, 02:10 AM
Find