Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 1
Oink Offline

Threads: 0
RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion

Thanks for the link, the game looks and sounds (from the description!) fantastic. Smile I think I'm looking forward to this a little more than AAMFP.
(This post was last modified: 07-31-2012, 11:51 AM by Oink.)
07-31-2012, 11:48 AM
Find
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Away
Posting Freak

Don't worry I'm stupid too, I didn't realize it either. Smile

Man, I slowly start to get more hyped for Everybody's Gone than for the piggies... not so much because I don't think A Machine for Pigs won't be absolutely awesome (it will), but because I'm very interested in games as an art medium and it slowly seems as if Everybody's Gone might even outdo Journey in terms of artsyness Big Grin

Besides, I know that I won't really ENJOY A machine for Pigs. I'll be the happiest person in the world when it finally comes out, but oh is it going to be painful... its like looking forward to getting your nipples pierced. Everybody's Gone on the other hand looks like it might actually be an enjoyable, if thought-provoking experience.

Edit:
Quote:the game looks and sounds (from the description!) fantastic. Smile
Actually...I don't wanna sound like an asshole but it doesn't look THAT great - yet. Especially the tiling textures are pretty horrible in some places. But then, it's still very early in development so you never know, half of those stuff could still be placeholders. And Dear Esther looked amazing so I'm not worried at all...besides, graphics aren't everything.
(This post was last modified: 07-31-2012, 12:04 PM by xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.)
07-31-2012, 11:53 AM
Find
Oswald Mandus Offline

I think its gonna be more high quality than AMFP
07-31-2012, 12:01 PM
Find
GrAVit Offline

Threads: 15

What? Did Everybody's gone to Rapture steal people's hearts now?

07-31-2012, 02:17 PM
Find
HateSolstice Offline

After checking out a bit of Dear Esther, I can safely say that I had no clue what it was about. The story was all over the place, although the scenery was nice to look at. Well, for a little bit at least. I appreciate story-telling and other forms of art, especially deep and thought-provoking forms. But Dear Esther just didn't sit right with me.
07-31-2012, 02:23 PM
Find
Deep One Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 9

What the player have to do in Rapture? Just walk around? I've done that more than enough in DayZ...
07-31-2012, 02:43 PM
Find
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Away
Posting Freak

Quote: [...]and your presence in the world – and the ways you interact with it – shape the events that take place. [...]
In some ways, Rapture is almost the antithesis of Dear Esther: where that was about removing your influence over the game, Rapture is exactly about influencing the events that take place.
Well it doesn't say exactly what your possible actions are going to be, but I think it's safe to assume you won't just be walking around. Wink
(This post was last modified: 07-31-2012, 03:04 PM by xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.)
07-31-2012, 03:04 PM
Find
Kein Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 22

I loved the hell out of DE, I'm pretty sure I will love Rapture too. The conception, man, the conception. Sometimes it just owns.

But let us not forget that this thread is about Amnesia, though.

"Avoid Capture"
Bugs/Tricks Gallery:
1 | 2 | 3
07-31-2012, 09:23 PM
Find
zaggnut Offline

Threads: 2

has any1 read all 257 pages? LOTS of stir about machine for piggy

The human race will Bleed, they will serve my
need!
(This post was last modified: 08-03-2012, 06:21 AM by zaggnut.)
08-03-2012, 06:20 AM
Find
Nyarlathotep Offline

Threads: 2

Definitely looking forward to Rapture. Just as much if not a little more than AMFP.

It does look beautiful so far. I love the idea of the 60 minute sessions. The choice of who and what to interact with, if it all is also nice. I hope they flesh that out well. Overall it sounds like it'll be eerie.
08-03-2012, 07:24 AM
Find