Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 1
Kein Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 22
RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion

We haven't heard actual new related to the game development for a while, though.

"Avoid Capture"
Bugs/Tricks Gallery:
1 | 2 | 3
08-22-2012, 03:28 PM
Find
Damascus Rose Offline
Posting Freak

(08-22-2012, 03:28 PM)Kein Wrote: We haven't heard actual new related to the game development for a while, though.
The last thing we heard was... what? The soundtrack has been recorded with live instruments? Moar news pls Sad

[Image: damascusrose2.png]
08-22-2012, 04:58 PM
Find
Oswald Mandus Offline

Threads: 0

yes , cant wait till they tease us again. want to see some screens of the game, and NOT concept art
08-22-2012, 05:04 PM
Find
Damascus Rose Offline
Posting Freak

Actually I'd love to see more concept art as well

08-22-2012, 05:38 PM
Find
Oswald Mandus Offline

maybe, but i think we had enough of it. i think its time to see how the game actually looks. bcause so far it looks nothing like concept art, from the teaser
08-22-2012, 05:42 PM
Find
Damascus Rose Offline
Posting Freak

The images in the teaser were definitely as minimalistic as they could make them, they obviously didn't want to show much of the deep dark stuff as they have, so they showed pretty ambiguous scenes to peak curiosity. I prefer it this way because then it's more of a surprise when I play the game.

(This post was last modified: 08-22-2012, 06:08 PM by Damascus Rose.)
08-22-2012, 06:07 PM
Find
GrAVit Offline

Threads: 15

If they make a trailer of some actual ingame gameplay, it'll probably be some specific demo map, like the Amnesia "Scary Gameplay" video, that part of the game was never in it.

08-22-2012, 07:18 PM
Find
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Away
Posting Freak

Quote:bcause so far it looks nothing like concept art, from the teaser
There's only one scene in the trailer that has a concept art associated with it and thats the church with the pigs on the cross. They look pretty similar to me, the main difference is in the lighting and colors. The concept art has much more saturated colors and is lit more brightly, while the actual scene looks much darker. I prefer the game version actually - I wouldn't mind at all if the final game turned out to look darker and grittier than the concept arts in general...Big Grin
Spoiler below!
[Image: chapel_1.jpg] [Image: 1znv5oo.jpg]
08-22-2012, 07:43 PM
Find
GrAVit Offline

Threads: 15

Nearly every single one of those static objects and entities are from the original A:TDD, I really hope that with this new delay they will be able to create new content more instead of using TDD ones, this one really looks like a custom story in that picture or something.

08-22-2012, 07:53 PM
Find
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Away
Posting Freak

Maybe they were just using the old models as placeholders so they could quickly start building levels while the new models are still in the making? I mean the Everybody's Gone To the Rapture - screenshots look like they're still using a lot of placeholder models and textures, too... Or maybe they didn't show anything from the actual game in the trailer at all, only test/ demo levels. That would be awesome - we'd be so very surprised if the game turned out to be vastly different from what we thought! Big Grin
08-22-2012, 07:58 PM
Find