Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 1
Damascus Rose Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 22
RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion

(09-11-2012, 09:21 PM)Googolplex Wrote:
(09-11-2012, 01:22 PM)Mehis Wrote: When I first heard that the super secret project wasn't really horror, I felt disappointed. It's very, very awesome to hear that it's an actual horror game now!
I think you understand something wrong.

The "super secret project" was meant for the upcoming HPL3 game by Frictional Games.
Not for the next Amnesia by thechineseroom!

And they said that their next game will be "not mainly a horror game, but a game with horror."
This was said long before any future plans about a further Amnesia existed.
Googol, we are all talking about this http://frictionalgames.blogspot.ca/2012/...later.html
Not the new Amnesia.

[Image: damascusrose2.png]
09-11-2012, 09:49 PM
Find
Macgyverthehero Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 23

Hey guys remember that old modding meme thread that got locked a while ago?
Quote: I mentioned it a bit in last years summary, but feel it was not given enough focus. When we created the possibility of custom stories, it was something we thought of very late and I think Luis implemented it in less than a day. We put a few days on adding documentation our wikias well, but all in all, it was a tiny effort compared to the rest of the game. Despite that, this aspect as been immensely important for the game and while it is hard to give any exact features in terms of sales, the influence on our community is easily seen. Before modding started, we had one or two daily post on our message boards. But as the modding community has grown, it is now up in over 40! (Remember this on the boards of a 2 year old a single player game.) There is even a long meme thread regarding the custom story community. What is interesting is that there are even internal expressions used, like "poofer", that we at Frictional did not know about and that was specific to Amnesia modding.
It's mentioned on that September 10 blog post!

[Image: Keo88b.gif]
09-11-2012, 10:09 PM
Find
Ghieri Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 8

I saw that. Memories.

Also:

Quote: Wait... a million units! Oh shit!!
I concur.

[Image: tumblr_n6m5lsQThQ1qc99nxo1_250.gif]
09-12-2012, 01:13 AM
Find
Oswald Mandus Offline

Threads: 0

1 million seems like a lot. but then you see that a very large amount of copies sold are from 50%/75% sales. at least thats what i heard. Still its good that the game is doing very well and selling so many copies a month at full price.
09-12-2012, 01:07 PM
Find
Froge Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 176

Btw will AMFP have the original's hub-like level design, or will it be more linear with less exploration?

[Image: p229xcq]
09-12-2012, 11:25 PM
Find
WesleyTack Offline

Threads: 0

(09-12-2012, 11:25 PM)Chronofox Wrote: Btw will AMFP have the original's hub-like level design, or will it be more linear with less exploration?
A mixture of both. But the levels are visually much richer content wise as apposed to TDD. So yes, you shall be able to explore your heart out if you choose to.

http://www.wesleytack.com
Level Design / Environment Artist
09-13-2012, 08:49 AM
Find
Deep One Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 9

I hope that AMFP contains a super secret file like TDD did.
09-13-2012, 03:24 PM
Find
Googolplex Offline
Banned

Threads: 246

Nice, I like it to explore the environment. That's why Penumbra is a bit better than Amnesia TDD.
I would like it when AMFP will have also more tricky and thoughtful puzzles using physics and exploration!
Otherwise I think, the game could lose content and has too little playtime.
TDD needs 8-10 hours of playtime. Will AMFP be at the same level?
09-13-2012, 04:37 PM
Find
Statyk Offline
Schrödinger's Mod

Threads: 72

CURIOUS. I like to explore in levels in games, and sometimes, being rewarded with a nice easter egg =D Will there be some "goodies" to look out for?
09-13-2012, 05:41 PM
Find
Deep One Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 9

It's been very quiet around here lately... Do you have any news for us, developers?
09-20-2012, 12:14 PM
Find