Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 1
Kreekakon Offline
Pick a god and pray!

Threads: 70
RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion

(11-19-2012, 06:35 PM)Statyk Wrote: I have to ask though, what is the purpose of pre-ordering a digital download? It's not like they're going to run out of downloads =P
Well, the way I see it sometimes it's for pre-order bonuses. Besides that on things like Steam, you can pre-load the game before release so you can play it the moment it goes live.

If a digital game has neither of that, there's no point to it other than the satisfaction of having "SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY!"-ed

[Image: Tv0YgQb.gif]
Image by BandyGrass
11-19-2012, 06:39 PM
Find
GegL Offline

Threads: 0

There will be only a steam option?
Or CD with box?(I want to buy this game with box)
Sorry for my English.
11-19-2012, 07:01 PM
Find
CorinthianMerchant Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 84

(11-19-2012, 07:46 PM)Elajten Wrote: Guys I have a question and hopefully a mod or someone could answer me.. but did Pewdiepie kinda inspire for a second game or perhaps what will be in the second installment? I'm having the largest argument with someone and I just want to know so I can either just say I was wrong or not... I mean the title of the game name and Pewdie's piggy just.. it just like such a coincidence I really don't know D=
You are so wrong, so wrong. FG/the chinese room doesn't base their games on memes...

Still hasn't gotten over the loss of wubwub...
(This post was last modified: 11-19-2012, 08:30 PM by CorinthianMerchant.)
11-19-2012, 08:29 PM
Find
Googolplex Offline
Banned

Threads: 246

(11-19-2012, 07:01 PM)GegL Wrote: There will be only a steam option?
Or CD with box?(I want to buy this game with box)
Sorry for my English.
If it would be for steam only, I'll definitely NOT buy the game!

A box would be great, a multilingual version for western europe. But I'm glad if there will be a simple download via Frictional Games store.
11-19-2012, 09:03 PM
Find
Damascus Rose Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 22

(11-19-2012, 09:03 PM)Googolplex Wrote: If it would be for steam only, I'll definitely NOT buy the game!
wtf. why

[Image: damascusrose2.png]
11-19-2012, 11:24 PM
Find
Nice Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 37

(11-19-2012, 07:46 PM)Elajten Wrote: but did Pewdiepie kinda inspire for a second game or perhaps what will be in the second installment? I'm having the largest argument with someone and I just want to know so I can either just say I was wrong or not... I mean the title of the game name and Pewdie's piggy just.. it just like such a coincidence I really don't know D=
No, Nope, No. No. No. No.

NO!

How could you even...

Sorry but we cannot change your avatar as the new avatar you specified is too big. The maximum dimensions are 80x80 (width x height)
11-20-2012, 12:25 AM
Find
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Away
Posting Freak

Quote: Guys I have a question and hopefully a mod or someone could answer me.. but did Pewdiepie kinda inspire for a second game or perhaps what will be in the second installment? I'm having the largest argument with someone and I just want to know so I can either just say I was wrong or not... I mean the title of the game name and Pewdie's piggy just.. it just like such a coincidence I really don't know D=
I'm very sure that was not the case. First of all, the idea to base the game around the slaughtering of pigs came from thechineseroom, not from Frictionalgames as far as I know. (It's how I remember it from the interviews - correct me if I'm wrong!) Now why should thechineseroom pay attention to a Let's Player who plays games from Frictional? If anything Frictional themselves would have followed such activities, since they have an interest in seeing how well-known their games have become.

Secondly, the theme was chosen for its unsettling strangeness, the inhuman but socially accepted brutality that takes place in slaughterhouses serving as a starting point for the much more morally depraved thoughts and actions of the game's characters. There are a lot of symbolic meanings when it comes to pigs, humans and the dehumanization of both the victims and the butchers, the general devalueing of human life during the industrial revolution, yaddayaddayadda.... what I'm saying is that it's a very serious theme that is supposed to shock, appal and maybe make you think. Therefore I highly doubt that the inspiration for it came from a joke. Wink

Of course only thechineseroom and Frictional will ever know for sure Big Grin
(This post was last modified: 11-20-2012, 08:24 AM by xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.)
11-20-2012, 08:20 AM
Find
Gilligan's Hell Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 17

I Was watching the Halloween trailer and noticed on the new lantern it says "Mandus"

The International Narcotics Traffic
11-20-2012, 12:10 PM
Find
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Away
Posting Freak

Quote: I Was watching the Halloween trailer and noticed on the new lantern it says "Mandus"
Very good, now we know our protagonist didn't steal his lantern from someone else Wink
11-20-2012, 12:49 PM
Find
MyRedNeptune Offline

Threads: 3

(11-20-2012, 12:49 PM)Hirnwirbel Wrote:
Quote: I Was watching the Halloween trailer and noticed on the new lantern it says "Mandus"
Very good, now we know our protagonist didn't steal his lantern from someone else Wink
That's what he wants you to think. Wink

^(;,;)^
11-20-2012, 12:57 PM
Find