Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 1
bekken9planet Offline

Threads: 0
RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion

(01-01-2013, 08:28 PM)beecake Wrote:
(01-01-2013, 08:07 PM)failedALIAS Wrote:
(01-01-2013, 07:38 PM)Deep One Wrote:
(01-01-2013, 01:50 PM)Googolplex Wrote: I believe the horror in AMFP will be very good, but the puzzles?
After playing Penumbra Overture which has the best puzzles in my opinion, I doubt AMFP will have better or even similar puzzles like that.

I guess it's a lot easier to make complicated puzzles to "modern" game which has computers and other modern technology... It won't be easy to make puzzles like that to AAMFP.

Considering how much time people like us spend on the computer? Nah ah, give me a evolvable, self-correcting computer program any day; always better than pulling levers and ducking through gears.

But the whole idea is to move while solving puzzles! If you duck into a computerscreen to press a code, you know you will be safe, because it would be unfair that something attacked you... And the only scare that you could actually make there, would be a jumpscare...

The cool thing about ATTD was that you had to move. You were supposed to move into the darkness to find the cog that you needed for the machine to run. When you focus on a puzzle at the same time as you have to focus on that there is something out there.. and it probably wants to kill you, your mind will make you more scared because you have to think about two things.

If you let the player duck into a computer and throw away the fear, it will ruin the immersion.

I don't know if complicated puzzles is a good idea. Of course they should not be easy, but everybody should have a chance to beat the level.
A difficult balance, if you ask me Wink

I don't really want any "computer-puzzles", but instead puzzles where you have to use your logic sense, as in the puzzle in the Cistern Entrance,
Spoiler below!

where you've just gotten the stuck-bridge to work, but then it stops on the halfway, and you have to throw a rock onto it.

This.
01-01-2013, 08:49 PM
Find
Googolplex Offline
Banned

Threads: 246

(01-01-2013, 07:38 PM)Deep One Wrote: I guess it's a lot easier to make complicated puzzles to "modern" game which has computers and other modern technology... It won't be easy to make puzzles like that to AAMFP.

Oh, AMFP has an awesome industrial setting, where you could have very excellent puzzles. It's not about the computer, in Overture was no computer and when you mean current with "modern technology", AMFP also will have electricity and old machines.

And simply puzzles like "how to get the key of the other side of the door" or "repair a generator" could be also avaiable in AMFP.
01-01-2013, 09:14 PM
Find
failedALIAS Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 16

(01-01-2013, 08:28 PM)beecake Wrote: But the whole idea is to move while solving puzzles! If you duck into a computerscreen to press a code, you know you will be safe, because it would be unfair that something attacked you... And the only scare that you could actually make there, would be a jumpscare...

I WAS MAKING A POINT ABOUT HOW I PREFERRED THE PUZZLES MECHANICS THAT AMFP WAS OFFERING BY MAKING A POINT OF HOW THEY'RE HARDER!!! WHY THE HELL WOULD I ADVOCATE THEM MAKING THE GAME EASY!?
01-01-2013, 09:49 PM
Find
GoldenFalcon101 Offline

It would be quite nice imo if there were the normal slightly-easy-once-you-put-your-mind-to-it puzzles, but also harder puzzles which lead to things that could help you on your journey-like a better working lamp, or batteries, whatever. And so you can choose whether to do the harder puzzles or just leave owo It's just an idea though ^^''
01-01-2013, 09:56 PM
Find
failedALIAS Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 16

I'm wondering how they might invest themselves in the hub (safe haven) mechanics.
01-01-2013, 10:09 PM
Find
FlawlessHappiness Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 145

(01-01-2013, 09:49 PM)failedALIAS Wrote:
(01-01-2013, 08:28 PM)beecake Wrote: But the whole idea is to move while solving puzzles! If you duck into a computerscreen to press a code, you know you will be safe, because it would be unfair that something attacked you... And the only scare that you could actually make there, would be a jumpscare...

I WAS MAKING A POINT ABOUT HOW I PREFERRED THE PUZZLES MECHANICS THAT AMFP WAS OFFERING BY MAKING A POINT OF HOW THEY'RE HARDER!!! WHY THE HELL WOULD I ADVOCATE THEM MAKING THE GAME EASY!?

Sorry Sad

Trying is the first step to success.
(This post was last modified: 01-02-2013, 07:13 PM by FlawlessHappiness.)
01-01-2013, 11:37 PM
Find
Googolplex Offline
Banned

Threads: 246

(01-01-2013, 08:28 PM)beecake Wrote: where you've just gotten the stuck-bridge to work, but then it stops on the halfway, and you have to throw a rock onto it.

A rock will fall down the bridge?
Oh, I chose an other way to get into morgue...
01-02-2013, 05:43 PM
Find
RawkBandMan Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 35

(01-01-2013, 10:09 PM)failedALIAS Wrote: I'm wondering how they might invest themselves in the hub (safe haven) mechanics.

I'm assuming Machine for Pigs will have one or two of them, because pretty much every other Penumbra or Amnesia game as had at least one.

Overture had the starting caves, which, once you killed the dogs, were safe (And it's not hard to kill the dogs). Black Plague had the area after where you first met Amabel. Requiem, I'm not sure because I never did complete it. The Dark Descent had the Entrance Hall and the Back Hall.

I'd be surprised if there weren't any hub or safe havens, to be honest.

I've come to learn to not fear the living, nor the dead... But the monsters that hide in closets.
01-02-2013, 07:21 PM
Find
maarten12100 Offline

I hope there will be piles of naked men alot of naked men.
You guys know how I like laying around between those men.

GNARGNARGNAR
01-02-2013, 07:43 PM
Find
Macgyverthehero Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 23

(01-02-2013, 07:43 PM)maarten12100 Wrote: I hope there will be piles of naked men alot of naked men.
You guys know how I like laying around between those men.

GNARGNARGNAR

More like bodies hanging from meat hooks driven into their anus.

[Image: Keo88b.gif]
01-02-2013, 08:26 PM
Find