Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 1
Mehis Offline

Threads: 10
RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion

Probably discussed earlier, but Frictional should totally invest some time on Oculus Rift. For AAMFP or the secret project, but they should.

Here's a video about it on TF2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pla...50fvL_EWYY

I guess it would be pretty cool, maybe not as much as a scare factor, though. I can still see myself using the Rift as I see an enemy running at me, I panic, turn around and start running.
(This post was last modified: 04-06-2013, 10:25 PM by Mehis.)
04-06-2013, 10:24 PM
Find
Dr. Swinestein Offline

Threads: 0

(04-06-2013, 10:24 PM)Mehis Wrote: Probably discussed earlier, but Frictional should totally invest some time on Oculus Rift. For AAMFP or the secret project, but they should.

Here's a video about it on TF2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pla...50fvL_EWYY

I guess it would be pretty cool, maybe not as much as a scare factor, though. I can still see myself using the Rift as I see an enemy running at me, I panic, turn around and start running.

...would be nice if anybody would take care about what i wrote... -.-

(04-06-2013, 10:24 PM)Mehis Wrote: Probably discussed earlier, but Frictional should totally invest some time on Oculus Rift. For AAMFP or the secret project, but they should.

no reaction about my previous text???
(This post was last modified: 04-06-2013, 10:34 PM by Dr. Swinestein.)
04-06-2013, 10:33 PM
Find
GiggleBlizzard Offline

Threads: 2

It would be very lovecraftian of FG to involve some kind of cult or religion in the plot. Not that Amnesia already isn't, it's the most lovecraftian game I've ever played.
(This post was last modified: 04-06-2013, 11:53 PM by GiggleBlizzard.)
04-06-2013, 11:53 PM
Find
Spaceman Offline

Threads: 1

(04-06-2013, 11:53 PM)GiggleBlizzard Wrote: It would be very lovecraftian of FG to involve some kind of cult or religion in the plot. Not that Amnesia already isn't, it's the most lovecraftian game I've ever played.

You've obviously not played Call of Cthulhu Dark Corners of the Earth. That game is Lovecraftian.

[Image: tumblr_meuosnsjDw1s01xwto1_500.gif]
04-07-2013, 04:26 AM
Find
T_Neumann Offline

(04-06-2013, 04:13 PM)Bridge Wrote: Just a random unrelated thought: Have you played Penumbra yet?

Of course. Infact the whole reason I joined this forum was after playing that game series.

By asking me that, I hope like hell you ain't going to make some sort of similarity comment between Blender and this. Seriously.
04-07-2013, 11:52 AM
Find
icreatedthisaccount4u Offline

Threads: 0

(04-06-2013, 10:33 PM)Dr. Swinestein Wrote:

...would be nice if anybody would take care about what i wrote... -.-

no reaction about my previous text???

The game will almost certainly be released before the consumer version of OR comes out. The new frictional secret project on the other hand... Cool
04-07-2013, 11:59 AM
Find
GiggleBlizzard Offline

Threads: 2

(04-07-2013, 04:26 AM)Spaceman Wrote:
(04-06-2013, 11:53 PM)GiggleBlizzard Wrote: It would be very lovecraftian of FG to involve some kind of cult or religion in the plot. Not that Amnesia already isn't, it's the most lovecraftian game I've ever played.

You've obviously not played Call of Cthulhu Dark Corners of the Earth. That game is Lovecraftian.

Even though it may appear so, I would argue that Amnesia is more lovecraftian than DCoTE. There is too much action in DCoTE and Lovecraft's work is usually much more abstract, gothic and weird than DCoTE. Amnesia is much more toward that.
04-07-2013, 12:11 PM
Find
Zgroktar Offline

I'm pretty sure there will be a lot of occult in the same vein like TDD, otherwise I could say it wouldn't be Amnesia. All those machinery is just the surface to be scratched.

(04-07-2013, 12:11 PM)GiggleBlizzard Wrote:

Even though it may appear so, I would argue that Amnesia is more lovecraftian than DCoTE. There is too much action in DCoTE and Lovecraft's work is usually much more abstract, gothic and weird than DCoTE. Amnesia is much more toward that.

That is very much true, Amnesia did capture the essence of a Lovercraftian feeling of helpless dread more than DCoTE. Although there is some action in Lovecraft's work like, for instance, ''The Whisperer In Darkness'' or '' In the Walls of Eryx'' but fighting the Dagon with a Navy destroyer (it sounds so stupid when you read it like this) is to much over the top Smile
Still, for me personally DCoTE is a decent game.
(This post was last modified: 04-07-2013, 12:29 PM by Zgroktar.)
04-07-2013, 12:14 PM
Find
Spaceman Offline

(04-07-2013, 12:11 PM)GiggleBlizzard Wrote:

At face value I'd disagree, just because DCoTE has all those direct references to specifics of the Lovecraftian novella, like Cthulhu himself, Innsmouth, etc.

On a deeper level though, I'd totally agree yeah, the ideals behind the design of the game isn't nearly as close to Lovecraftian horror as Amnesia.

[Image: tumblr_meuosnsjDw1s01xwto1_500.gif]
04-07-2013, 02:13 PM
Find
i3670 Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 74

There's an error in the letter "I sat the head of the table..." shouldn't it be "I sat at the head of the table"? It would be kinda weird if she sawed of the head of the table and sat it down on a chair.

"What you think is irrelevant" - A character of our time

A Christmas Hunt
04-07-2013, 02:21 PM
Find