Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Scares You Guys Want To See
JenniferOrange Offline

Threads: 43
Exclamation  Scares You Guys Want To See

For those of you who don't know, I create scare tutorials on the frictional games wiki. I only have two, but plan to make more! I have a few ideas in mind, but I was curious to know what YOU guys want to see. Here's a list of the scares I already plan to make:

-Falling Objects
-Exploding Pots
-Finding and Using Peaceful Music (And then you pee your pants)

So, let me know what you guys want me to make! Please nothing too complicated, (as I can't really make objects float around the room just yet, though I'd love to learn) but be sure it is a unique idea. If you request anything I can't do just yet, I'll gladly make it a learning experience for myself and for you!

Ba-da bing, ba-da boom.
02-26-2012, 05:20 PM
Find
Datguy5 Offline

Threads: 25
RE: Scares You Guys Want To See

(02-26-2012, 05:20 PM)JenniferOrange Wrote: For those of you who don't know, I create scare tutorials on the frictional games wiki. I only have two, but plan to make more! I have a few ideas in mind, but I was curious to know what YOU guys want to see. Here's a list of the scares I already plan to make:

-Falling Objects
-Exploding Pots

So, let me know what you guys want me to make! Please nothing too complicated, (as I can't really make objects float around the room just yet, though I'd love to learn) but be sure it is a unique idea. If you request anything I can't do just yet, I'll gladly make it a learning experience for myself and for you!
I like the exploding pots >: ) but what do you exactly mean with the falling objects?Like a box for example falls from a shelve?Thats good too if you mean it.And the last one is pretty good too ;D

02-26-2012, 05:28 PM
Find
JenniferOrange Offline

(02-26-2012, 05:28 PM)Datguy5 Wrote:
(02-26-2012, 05:20 PM)JenniferOrange Wrote: For those of you who don't know, I create scare tutorials on the frictional games wiki. I only have two, but plan to make more! I have a few ideas in mind, but I was curious to know what YOU guys want to see. Here's a list of the scares I already plan to make:

-Falling Objects
-Exploding Pots

I like the exploding pots >: ) but what do you exactly mean with the falling objects?Like a box for example falls from a shelve?Thats good too if you mean it.And the last one is pretty good too ;D
Yes, I already have the falling objects pre-scripted. There's a box ontop of a shelf and when you walk by, it falls on you. I figured random exploding pots might give a good mini-jump scare. And thank you. :]

Ba-da bing, ba-da boom.
02-26-2012, 05:29 PM
Find
Datguy5 Offline

(02-26-2012, 05:29 PM)JenniferOrange Wrote:
(02-26-2012, 05:28 PM)Datguy5 Wrote:

-Falling Objects
-Exploding Pots

Yes, I already have the falling objects pre-scripted. There's a box ontop of a shelf and when you walk by, it falls on you. I figured random exploding pots might give a good mini-jump scare. And thank you. :]
Ohh ok.I think i know how to script that box thingy.You just should use addentitycollideback playsoundatentity and propforce right?You should make the exploding pots tutorial.

02-26-2012, 05:32 PM
Find
Obliviator27 Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 10

Try to use scares people won't see coming. Asking for ideas will mean people can know what to expect. But I find that if you can make me not wish to progress forward, you've done a good job.

02-26-2012, 05:32 PM
Find
JenniferOrange Offline

(02-26-2012, 05:32 PM)Obliviator27 Wrote: Try to use scares people won't see coming. Asking for ideas will mean people can know what to expect. But I find that if you can make me not wish to progress forward, you've done a good job.
Very true.. though the Player may not know if the creator used one of my scares or not. The only reason I'm asking is so people will stop using the flying jesus, then I can secretly delete it from my tutorials..
I always thought sounds scared me the most.

Ba-da bing, ba-da boom.
02-26-2012, 05:35 PM
Find
Saren Offline

Threads: 20

(02-26-2012, 05:35 PM)JenniferOrange Wrote:
(02-26-2012, 05:32 PM)Obliviator27 Wrote: Try to use scares people won't see coming. Asking for ideas will mean people can know what to expect. But I find that if you can make me not wish to progress forward, you've done a good job.
Very true.. though the Player may not know if the creator used one of my scares or not. The only reason I'm asking is so people will stop using the flying jesus, then I can secretly delete it from my tutorials..
I always thought sounds scared me the most.
True that, I would love to see more scare scripts, haha

03-09-2012, 09:39 AM
Find
FlawlessHappiness Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 145

It's always when you pick up something. Don't do that! Wink

I played a map where when i walked down a corridor with water i expected a water monster coming. Instead, a flying naked human flew right into my face! I really didn't expect. Mostly because it looked a bit unreal with it, coming out of the bare air.
But i jumped up, because it went so fast... so unexpected...

Trying is the first step to success.
03-09-2012, 08:14 PM
Find
Datguy5 Offline

(03-09-2012, 08:14 PM)beecake Wrote: It's always when you pick up something. Don't do that! Wink

I played a map where when i walked down a corridor with water i expected a water monster coming. Instead, a flying naked human flew right into my face! I really didn't expect. Mostly because it looked a bit unreal with it, coming out of the bare air.
Isnt that from zombie escape?

03-09-2012, 08:18 PM
Find
FlawlessHappiness Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 145

(03-09-2012, 08:18 PM)Datguy5 Wrote:
(03-09-2012, 08:14 PM)beecake Wrote: It's always when you pick up something. Don't do that! Wink

Isnt that from zombie escape?
Nope... "Never go alone"

Trying is the first step to success.
03-09-2012, 10:21 PM
Find