Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Script help!
Clear Offline

Threads: 4
RE: Script help!

(06-12-2012, 04:11 PM)CorinthianMerchant Wrote: Please not another pewdiepie map. Why not something more serious and yummy like an atmospheric map, I'm sure that will be more appreciated! Big Grin
Haha =D
I was giving an example as a refference for Pewdiepie, my actual idea was to make it like SCP-173 or Weeping Angles, if you know what i mean
06-12-2012, 05:00 PM
Find
Adny Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 6

The script you're looking for is:

PlaySoundAtEntity(string& asSoundName, string& asSoundFile, string& asEntity, float afFadeTime, bool abSaveSound);

asSoundName you can leave blank, it is used for later callbacks which I doubt you'll need
asSoundFile will be the name of the sound+.snt (for example, "mysound.snt")
asEntity will be the entity you play the sound at, which would be the statue.
afFadeTime is the time until the sound fades, but since the brick sound it so short, you can set it to 0.0f
abSaveSound tbh idk what it does, just mark it false xD

so altogether:

PlaySoundAtEntity("", "mysound.snt", "Statue_1", 0.0f, false);

May I also offer a simpler alternative, "PlayGuiSound".

PlayGuiSound plays the sound only at the player, but you can modify the volume; the Function is:

PlayGuiSound("mysound.snt", 1.0f);

mysound.snt = the sound to play
1.0f = the volume.

PlayGuiSound can make it seem like the statue is right behind/on the player, making it a bit more stressful for them Tongue

I rate it 3 memes.
06-12-2012, 05:07 PM
Find
CorinthianMerchant Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 84

(06-12-2012, 05:00 PM)Clear Wrote:
(06-12-2012, 04:11 PM)CorinthianMerchant Wrote: Please not another pewdiepie map. Why not something more serious and yummy like an atmospheric map, I'm sure that will be more appreciated! Big Grin
Haha =D
I was giving an example as a refference for Pewdiepie, my actual idea was to make it like SCP-173 or Weeping Angles, if you know what i mean
Okay. Cool

Still hasn't gotten over the loss of wubwub...
06-12-2012, 07:35 PM
Find