Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Slenderman Monster
Statyk Offline
Schrödinger's Mod

Threads: 72
RE: Slenderman Monster

8 pages of this thread... Perhaps you're stepping into something you're not ready for yet.
08-29-2012, 01:07 AM
Find
candlejack131 Offline

Threads: 17

Excuse me? i woke up and decided that i wanted this and i was dedicated to it if you don't like the thread don't view it other wise don't come to it to purposely annoy me. Your ambition disappointing me. I had NO experience with maya 3ds anything you name it until about 2 weeks ago. Why do you care anyways if i don't start now ill never be able to do this. If i let it die it wont get done so yea ill keep going and going and going until i have it as a functioning enemy.

so for hirwirbel and measuring are the only nice understanding people i have met on these forums. Why what is wrong with these people to the point were you'd go perpesly out of your way to diminish destroy and hurt my feelings success ambitions plans and hopes. I came here thinking you were different. However no i worked with source before this and the people from facepunch were the same if you don't want to view this thread then don't but don't try to kill it because you don't like it. I wouldn't slice my neighbors dogs throat even though i don't like it because some one else does. If you don't like it ignore it and please stop trying to end what I've actually worked really hard on
(This post was last modified: 08-29-2012, 03:15 AM by candlejack131.)
08-29-2012, 03:10 AM
Find
Kman Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

Well I'm sorry, but you're honestly kind of wasting these people's time. Having known Statyk for almost a year now I can tell you he has a very "learn it yourself" mind set, so I can understand how he'd be frustrated by this. You probably could have learned everything that you've asked so far on this thread by simply doing a few Google searches and looking at some tutorials for Maya/HPL2, but instead when you get a little confused you basically give it to the people here and say "hey fix this for me". I think it's great that you're determined to make a new monster, but I've seen multiple other people that have made completely new monsters from scratch that never once had to ask a question about it from the community, so the fact that for almost a month now you have been constantly nagging the people here for their help when you could easily learn this stuff on your own is a little ridiculous. We're not trying to kill it because we don't like it, we're just getting annoyed with the fact that you didn't seem to do any sort of research in how to get a functioning monster and instead left it up to the community to teach you.

Posting Freak
(This post was last modified: 08-29-2012, 03:30 AM by Kman.)
08-29-2012, 03:29 AM
Website Find
darkely Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 87

(08-29-2012, 03:10 AM)candlejack131 Wrote: Excuse me? i woke up and decided that i wanted this and i was dedicated to it if you don't like the thread don't view it other wise don't come to it to purposely annoy me. Your ambition disappointing me. I had NO experience with maya 3ds anything you name it until about 2 weeks ago. Why do you care anyways if i don't start now ill never be able to do this. If i let it die it wont get done so yea ill keep going and going and going until i have it as a functioning enemy.

so for hirwirbel and measuring are the only nice understanding people i have met on these forums. Why what is wrong with these people to the point were you'd go perpesly out of your way to diminish destroy and hurt my feelings success ambitions plans and hopes. I came here thinking you were different. However no i worked with source before this and the people from facepunch were the same if you don't want to view this thread then don't but don't try to kill it because you don't like it. I wouldn't slice my neighbors dogs throat even though i don't like it because some one else does.
Someones getting defensive Angel

People are being harsh on you because clearly you are not getting something.

candlejack131 Wrote:If you don't like it ignore it and please stop trying to end what I've actually worked really hard on

You come onto a forum ask for help people give it to you - you don't like the help given to you and start lashing out.

[Image: F29X8.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 08-29-2012, 03:52 AM by darkely.)
08-29-2012, 03:51 AM
Find
Adny Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 6

If you have no prior experience with modeling, it may not be the best for you to try to make a full rigged and animated (and might I say rather complex) model for your very first. I'd suggest making a simple table, then building up from there.

You can't jump if you don't have solid ground to stand on Tongue

I rate it 3 memes.
08-29-2012, 04:02 AM
Find
johnbox Offline

Threads: 5

(08-29-2012, 04:02 AM)andyrockin123 Wrote: If you have no prior experience with modeling, it may not be the best for you to try to make a full rigged and animated (and might I say rather complex) model for your very first. I'd suggest making a simple table, then building up from there.

You can't jump if you don't have solid ground to stand on :P
i agree with andy, and want you to tell another thing.
i'm working with blender now for 3 years, and learned it completely myself. by mostly english tutorials on youtube, wikipedia and blenderguru. i can proudly say, that i'm able to do nearly everything with blender, BUT. i still have some problems with character-creation and -animation. that is (in my opinion) one of the hardest parts in the 3D-branche. and now you are trying this, (as andy said) with nearly no basic-knowledge about modeling, animating and so on. you simply do, whatever statyk or hirnwirbel are telling you, but in the end, you nearly learned nothing. maybe you should first get more into this stuff, before trying this.
that's nothing offensive, but it's better for you, and for the people who are taking much of their time, just to help you.
and don't get demotivated, when you're coming to the first text of wall, when you're searching for tutorials. i've started learning blender with 11 years, and i'm german. i had more problems to understand the language then the information. but with lot of exercising, you will soon be able to create your first models ON YOUR OWN, and then, come back to this project. just an advise ;)

have a nice day.

Working on a full conv.-mod, first pictures coming soon...

Working with Blender and other Stuff since 2009.
Using HPL-Engine since 2012 (learning..)
(This post was last modified: 08-29-2012, 02:59 PM by johnbox.)
08-29-2012, 04:49 AM
Find
Statyk Offline
Schrödinger's Mod

Threads: 72

Thanks for backing me guys and gals. I don't mean any harm, nor did I say to end what you have started. I merely said perhaps you are not ready for this yet. You need external research as we are not a 3D modelling forum or teaching place. We help the best we can with errors that need fixing. As it has seem so far, we have almost been coaching you through the whole 3D creation process (you even had to download the program a little over half way through this thread). Modelling, rigging, weight painting (which I didn't even get into. Which is also something you WILL need to do with a rigged model), textures, optimization, clean up, animation and keyframing, exporting. There is so much more than this when it comes to proper 3D modelling and character creation and you seem to have a small knowledge of this process. I have been 3D modelling and animating (here and there on animation, but enough) for about 8-9 months on Autodesk Maya 2011. And I am still learning new things about it every day.

In short, I was not being rude or trying to be discouraging. I was only pointing out that if it has taken this long to begin learning the process, and there are still misunderstandings, perhaps you should look up Maya tutorials on Google or even Youtube. We can help you with an issue here and there, but we cannot teach you the program.

I gave my input to help but the moment I say something else, all hell breaks loose on my arse >> This is probably the 3rd-4th time I got shit after trying to help.

Anyway, please keep on task. Continue the thread. I wish you luck.
(This post was last modified: 08-29-2012, 03:09 PM by Statyk.)
08-29-2012, 02:46 PM
Find
candlejack131 Offline

(08-29-2012, 02:46 PM)Statyk Wrote: Thanks for backing me guys and gals. I don't mean any harm, nor did I say to end what you have started. I merely said perhaps you are not ready for this yet. You need external research as we are not a 3D modelling forum or teaching place. We help the best we can with errors that need fixing. As it has seem so far, we have almost been coaching you through the whole 3D creation process (you even had to download the program a little over half way through this thread). Modelling, rigging, weight painting (which I didn't even get into. Which is also something you WILL need to do with a rigged model), textures, optimization, clean up, animation and keyframing, exporting. There is so much more than this when it comes to proper 3D modelling and character creation and you seem to have a small knowledge of this process. I have been 3D modelling and animating (here and there on animation, but enough) for about 8-9 months on Autodesk Maya 2011. And I am still learning new things about it every day.

In short, I was not being rude or trying to be discouraging. I was only pointing out that if it has taken this long to begin learning the process, and there are still misunderstandings, perhaps you should look up Maya tutorials on Google or even Youtube. We can help you with an issue here and there, but we cannot teach you the program.

I gave my input to help but the moment I say something else, all hell breaks loose on my arse >> This is probably the 3rd-4th time I got shit after trying to help.

Anyway, please keep on task. Continue the thread. I wish you luck.
Well thank you for not being an ass about this i really do appreciate it
(This post was last modified: 08-30-2012, 04:21 AM by candlejack131.)
08-29-2012, 06:01 PM
Find
candlejack131 Offline

I watched a tutorial online on how to make a skeleton for a model and his joints were much smaller then mine and when he connects his joints they show up as straight lines like most amnesia monsters but when i connect mine there triangles. did i do something wrong?
08-30-2012, 07:46 PM
Find
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Away
Posting Freak

Threads: 0

Nope, you didn't. Well I assume you didn't, I mean, I wasn't exactly looking over your shoulder Wink He was either using an older version of Maya, his display settings were different (you can choose between various "styles" for your joints I think... never used it), or, most likely, he simply had a different display radius set for his joints. Its the value "radius" in the channelbox. Set it to whatever you like, it has no effect other than making joints easier to see and select.
(This post was last modified: 08-30-2012, 08:58 PM by xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.)
08-30-2012, 08:57 PM
Find