Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

What was the last Film you watched?
Danny Boy Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 85
RE: What was the last Film you watched?

So I've watched "Lucky Number Slevin"... Whoever is reading this. You should perform the same task I did.... Do it.... NOW!
(This post was last modified: 02-05-2013, 10:54 AM by Danny Boy.)
02-05-2013, 10:54 AM
Website Find
Wooderson Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

Watched half of it, had to go for the rest. Regretted it. Thanks for reminding me to finish it.

[Image: luv.gif]
02-05-2013, 06:01 PM
Find
Danny Boy Offline
Posting Freak

I've Just finished watching Clockwork Orange. And oh bliss! I find it amusing on how I watched this jolly old movie when I'm currently very fond to Beethoven's 9th. It felt like the whole movie was made for me really. How ghastly yet exciting that was!

I like how the movie shows us this smart yet decrepit human being that all he as done in his life is make people suffer, yet still manages to make us care about him. It was a very interesting movie really. Though I couldn't stop thinking of Monthy Phyton while watching to this classic film. The incredibly unmatching soundtracks didn't help at all really, even though they were a key element to sustain this movie's uniqueness.

Overall its was very interesting to watch the character's circle, and I recommend it for anyone who likes to see people in funny dresses! 8/10 for me!
(This post was last modified: 02-08-2013, 02:21 AM by Danny Boy.)
02-08-2013, 02:14 AM
Website Find
Wooderson Offline
Posting Freak

One of my favourite films Smile

Gotta love a little Ludwig Van...

But yeah the film is strikingly shocking and in doing so a masterpiece from Stanley Kubrick.

The biggest aspect I found within the film was how it was representing youth in the UK in the 70's. It was the time back when the older folks first started to fear what was happening to the youth in the UK. There are many other themes explored but that narrative theme is my favourite in A Clockwork Orange.

02-08-2013, 02:19 AM
Find
Danny Boy Offline
Posting Freak

I am afraid this might be odd. But all he has done didn't exactly shock me. Sure they were savage acts of human filth. But it didn't affect me really. Makes me feel like a cold hearted ass hole actually. I don't know. Though it is funny how one of the major reasons some people didn't like this movie was due to the fact it shocked them. Ain't that a funny thing.
02-08-2013, 02:25 AM
Website Find
Froge Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 176

(02-08-2013, 02:25 AM)Danny Boy Wrote: I am afraid this might be odd. But all he has done didn't exactly shock me. Sure they were savage acts of human filth. But it didn't affect me really. Makes me feel like a cold hearted ass hole actually. I don't know. Though it is funny how one of the major reasons some people didn't like this movie was due to the fact it shocked them. Ain't that a funny thing.
Personally, I found the movie a bit boring. The book was better.

[Image: p229xcq]
02-08-2013, 02:29 AM
Find
Wooderson Offline
Posting Freak

(02-08-2013, 02:25 AM)Danny Boy Wrote: I am afraid this might be odd. But all he has done didn't exactly shock me. Sure they were savage acts of human filth. But it didn't affect me really. Makes me feel like a cold hearted ass hole actually. I don't know. Though it is funny how one of the major reasons some people didn't like this movie was due to the fact it shocked them. Ain't that a funny thing.

Yeah I know, I can watch rape scenes without any problem at all. As far as A Clockwork Orange goes, its a pretty tame one and is pulled off eloquently.

The film was released back in 1971 I believe? So yeah back then it was truly shocking, and even today a lot of people just hate rape scenes in general. The film got banned here in the UK for many years.

02-08-2013, 02:30 AM
Find
Danny Boy Offline
Posting Freak

(02-08-2013, 02:29 AM)Chronofox Wrote:

Chrono... I won't even bother make fun of that overly used comment about movie adaptations. So I'll just leave you whit a "Stahp".
02-08-2013, 02:35 AM
Website Find
Froge Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 176

(02-08-2013, 02:35 AM)Danny Boy Wrote:
(02-08-2013, 02:29 AM)Chronofox Wrote:

Chrono... I won't even bother make fun of that overly used comment about movie adaptations. So I'll just leave you whit a "Stahp".
Except it's not a comment most people make fun of due to how true it is.

[Image: p229xcq]
02-08-2013, 02:38 AM
Find
Wooderson Offline
Posting Freak

I've actually not watched any more films recently... Been watching the original UK series of 'Skins'. I had to watch 10 minutes of the pilot for a case study in Media and kinda got hooked from there.

02-08-2013, 02:42 AM
Find