Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

What happens after death?
CorinthianMerchant Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 84
RE: What happens after death?

(04-23-2013, 03:10 PM)JustAnotherPlayer Wrote: For me, it's like an endless sleep without any kind of dreams. Just void. Black void. You can't do anything, see anything, feel anything.

Same here.

Still hasn't gotten over the loss of wubwub...
04-23-2013, 03:12 PM
Find
eliasfrost Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 34

If there was an afterlife, why don't we live forever? What's the reason to have to endure "death" if we are to live afterwards anyway? It's unreasonable and frankly, I think the concept of "afterlife" is incredibly silly.

[Image: indiedb_88x31.png]
04-23-2013, 04:48 PM
Find
Kreekakon Offline
Pick a god and pray!

Threads: 70

(04-23-2013, 04:48 PM)Naked? No Wrote: If there was an afterlife, why don't we live forever? What's the reason to have to endure "death" if we are to live afterwards anyway? It's unreasonable and frankly, I think the concept of "afterlife" is incredibly silly.

Maybe so, but look at it this way...is there a real reasonable reason for the laws of the universe existing other than it just being the way it is? Sometimes it really doesn't have to be reasonable.

Also, I think the reason most people avoid death is A) Because it is a primitive instinct to self preserve, and B) People don't know 100% for sure what wait after death so they are much more comfortable staying in the land of the living which at least they know what it is like.

[Image: Tv0YgQb.gif]
Image by BandyGrass
04-23-2013, 04:53 PM
Find
eliasfrost Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 34

When it comes to the topic of afterlife, I get the impression that the laws of physics, math and the universe is obsolete. Kind of like religion, it's a matter of belief and not something you can prove.

It is a nice thought, it really is, but doesn't it strike the people who believe in afterlife (no offense meant, I'm merely asking) that it is very contradictory to continue living after experiencing the opposite right before it? And that's where my point comes into play, if there truly is an afterlife (which, by the way, is a topic where science is completely unrelated) then it would be a complete waste to die, because you'll live afterwards anyway, what purpose does "death" have then, if not just adds unnessecary complications and uncomfyness (if that's a word)?

[Image: indiedb_88x31.png]
(This post was last modified: 04-23-2013, 05:35 PM by eliasfrost.)
04-23-2013, 05:33 PM
Find
Nice Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 37

(04-23-2013, 05:33 PM)Naked? No Wrote: It is a nice thought, it really is, but doesn't it strike the people who believe in afterlife (no offense meant, I'm merely asking) that it is very contradictory to continue living after experiencing the opposite right before it? And that's where my point comes into play, if there truly is an afterlife (which, by the way, is a topic where science is completely unrelated) then it would be a complete waste to die, because you'll live afterwards anyway, what purpose does "death" have then, if not just adds unnessecary complications and uncomfyness (if that's a word)?

If you were religious you'd have a different view about this matter. You wouldn't percieve death as the end, you'd just see it as a continuation (probably spelled that wrong) so it takes away that "contradiction".

Why would dying be a waste ? this is going to sound funny to atheists but as i said, to a religious person, death is nothing close to "end", death is just a part of life when our souls leave the human body and go wherever they go (each religion has its own explaination)

But then again, there's lots of religions, lots of cults and different explainations with lots of different theories.

so the only thing we can do is wait and see for ourselves, are we going to just cease to exist ? be reborn into animals ? humans ? go to heaven, hell or purgatory ? Valhala ? disco with Zeus ?

Sorry but we cannot change your avatar as the new avatar you specified is too big. The maximum dimensions are 80x80 (width x height)
04-23-2013, 05:57 PM
Find
Bridge Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

(04-23-2013, 04:53 PM)Kreekakon Wrote: Maybe so, but look at it this way...is there a real reasonable reason for the laws of the universe existing other than it just being the way it is? Sometimes it really doesn't have to be reasonable.

There is no compelling reason for them to exist, however there is a very good reason to believe they exist; which is that we can measure and more importantly see a large number of them.
04-23-2013, 06:22 PM
Find
MyRedNeptune Offline

Threads: 3

(04-23-2013, 04:53 PM)Kreekakon Wrote: Also, I think the reason most people avoid death is A) Because it is a primitive instinct to self preserve, and B) People don't know 100% for sure what wait after death so they are much more comfortable staying in the land of the living which at least they know what it is like.

Actually, I think people avoid death because they are social creatures who have a need to be in control so that they can realize themselves in other people. Death is a total loss of control, and unlike most of our decisions in life, death is permanent, with no hope of change after you enter the state. It is an eternal state of personal disability and incompetence.

^(;,;)^
04-23-2013, 06:32 PM
Find
failedALIAS Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 16

(04-23-2013, 06:32 PM)MyRedNeptune Wrote: It is an eternal state of personal disability and incompetence.

So not much will change for me. Anyone? Smile

Confused
04-23-2013, 07:59 PM
Find
Nice Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 37

(04-23-2013, 07:59 PM)failedALIAS Wrote:
(04-23-2013, 06:32 PM)MyRedNeptune Wrote: It is an eternal state of personal disability and incompetence.

So not much will change for me. Anyone? Smile

Confused

you will lose your sexiness

Sorry but we cannot change your avatar as the new avatar you specified is too big. The maximum dimensions are 80x80 (width x height)
04-23-2013, 08:00 PM
Find
Froge Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 176

(04-23-2013, 03:05 PM)BAndrew Wrote: For example electrons (just as photons) behave sometimes as waves and sometimes as particles without a reason. We have no "logical" explanation for the above fact.
Except I'm pretty sure that we do.

[Image: p229xcq]
04-23-2013, 11:39 PM
Find