Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Trapdoor - FULL RELEASE
MrBehemoth Offline

Threads: 19
RE: The Trapdoor - FULL RELEASE

(07-31-2014, 02:26 AM)victorkim890(KimmyChimmy) Wrote: luck.

I guess it got into the news stream because the bot that collects the news found the article in Rock, Paper, Shotgun and decided that the article was relevant to Amnesia and that it had a decent amount of hits. RPS is a well respected British PC gaming site, so I was quite proud of that. Even if the article itself didn't have much to say other than nostalgia. (It didn't have anything bad to say though, so that's just fine!)

How did The Trapdoor end up in RPS? Well, as I've mentioned elsewhere, I'm working on Amnesia mods at the moment to help build up my indie brand, so I put a fair few hours into marketing work. It also made it into Wired and Bloody Disgusting.

Fortunately Kimmy, I don't believe in luck.

07-31-2014, 09:08 PM
Find
Gatortail Offline

Threads: 0

Dear MrBehemoth

I have a question, Why is it that I cannot for the life of me get the Trap Door mod to open? Im getting a small box as a error saying "Could not init Steam!"

The several links that you posted for the 1.3 and or the 2.0 web pages don't work at all like that web page company has gone belly up or something like that. I appreciate all your input and wish you a great weekend.

Robert L.
rglgatortail at cox dot net

Attached Files
.jpg   trap door picture.jpg (Size: 63 KB / Downloads: 135)
06-13-2016, 03:55 AM
Find
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

Threads: 59

First off, this is a way old thread that has unnecessarily brought back to unlife.

Secondly, this is a common issue with ALL Amnesia mods currently. The error is caused by some update FG released to the Steam copy. You can fix it by replacing Amnesia.exe with the retail copy or use a different .bat file or the Steam Launch Options to start it.

Check this thread:
https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thread-48974.html

06-13-2016, 03:02 PM
Find