Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

camera troubles
Unregistered

Solved: 8 Years, 3 Weeks ago camera troubles
Okay, i got this game thinking it would be fun and cool, however, just like in amnesia dark descent, EVERY TIME I SWITCH BETWEEN THE GAME AND ANOTHER WINDOW I CAN'T ****ING LOOK UP ANYMORE. nothing fixes it other than me restarting the game and I am sick and tired of having to ****ing quit the game every time I swap windows to check up on something or change my music!!!!!!!!!!!! HOW THE **** DO I FIX THIS AND IF I CAN'T FIX IT THEN FIX YOU DAMN GAME.... PLEASE. Sorry, I've had a shitty day and am in no mood to sugar coat my rage right now.
12-04-2015, 06:49 AM
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

Threads: 59
Solved: 8 Years, 3 Weeks ago RE: camera troubles
I've never had this issue on my iMac in Amnesia, and although I haven't tested Penumbra too much on it, I still can't recall such a thing happening.

Does the camera just not work? How can you not look up? Is it like the mouse pointer stops at the top of the screen, as if it isn't stuck in the middle?

How's your system? Is this on Steam? Are you running fullscreen, and if so, does it still happen in windowed? (Actually I don't remember if Penumbra has a windowed mode.)

(This post was last modified: 12-04-2015, 11:19 AM by Mudbill.)
12-04-2015, 11:19 AM
Find
Unregistered

(12-04-2015, 11:19 AM)Mudbill Wrote: I've never had this issue on my iMac in Amnesia, and although I haven't tested Penumbra too much on it, I still can't recall such a thing happening.

Does the camera just not work? How can you not look up? Is it like the mouse pointer stops at the top of the screen, as if it isn't stuck in the middle?

How's your system? Is this on Steam? Are you running fullscreen, and if so, does it still happen in windowed? (Actually I don't remember if Penumbra has a windowed mode.)

The mouse cursor is where it is supposed to be, it just won't let me move the camera's view up. I can look left or right or down, but up? fuck no.

(12-04-2015, 11:19 AM)Mudbill Wrote: I've never had this issue on my iMac in Amnesia, and although I haven't tested Penumbra too much on it, I still can't recall such a thing happening.

and it happens more often when it is windowed than when it is fullscreen and my enraged attempts to get the camera to look up to eye level usually result with me accidentally closing the window.
12-04-2015, 06:02 PM
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

Have you tried a Steam integrity check, if you got it on Steam? Perhaps the log has something, so could you please post it, as described in the troubleshooting guide? Perhaps a background program is interfering?

http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thread-21991.html

(This post was last modified: 12-04-2015, 06:58 PM by Mudbill.)
12-04-2015, 06:57 PM
Find
Unregistered

(12-04-2015, 06:57 PM)Mudbill Wrote: Have you tried a Steam integrity check, if you got it on Steam? Perhaps the log has something, so could you please post it, as described in the troubleshooting guide? Perhaps a background program is interfering?

integrity check? you mean the verify game cache thing?
12-05-2015, 02:08 AM
Unregistered

(12-04-2015, 06:57 PM)Mudbill Wrote: Have you tried a Steam integrity check, if you got it on Steam? Perhaps the log has something, so could you please post it, as described in the troubleshooting guide? Perhaps a background program is interfering?

if so, then I already did that and it said everything was fine. The problem continued to persist.
12-05-2015, 05:36 AM
Unregistered

I should elaborate a bit though. you see, it does let me look up to an extent, however once the camera reaches a certain point which is always below eye level (leaving me looking at the ground or an enemy's crotch) it stops letting me move the camera up.
Other times yeah, it won't let me look up at all period.
12-06-2015, 05:10 AM
Unregistered

also, i have uninstalled and reinstalled amnesiad the dark decent and machine for pigs numerous times, penumbra not as many but enough. THE PROBLEM STILL PERSISTS. I verify the integrity of the game cache each time it is done and after running the game these times. THE PROBLEM STILL PERSISTS. it usually goes away if I completely shut down steam and open it up again but the next day or even the same day, THE PROBLEM STILL PERSISTS. I try restarting my computer and keeping it shut down before starting it up again, same result as if I had just shut down steam instead of my computer, THE PROBLEM STILL PERSISTS.

I require help, not someone treating me like a child who did not read the rules for using playground equipment properly. I get treated enough like a child by my mother and I'm a goddamn adult now for pete's sake!

Do you have a solution, or do you have nothing to say other than that I obviously didn't do something right or that the problem has to be with my computer? As old as it acts like it is, it was still having this problem with amnesia when it was in prime condition.

also, it isn't a problem with anything I'm running in the background, I've had nothing running at all and the problem still persists. I've said that statement so many times you probably either think I'm some idiot looking for an argument or some stupid twat, but regardless the problem is still there, I have tried everything I can think of, it has not gone away, and it happens with every frictional games game that I own. None of the others have this problem, just the frictional games games.
12-07-2015, 03:39 AM
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

Whether I have a solution or not depends on whether I can recognize or reproduce the issue, which is not the case so far, so I'm afraid I don't. I was just asking some general questions as most of the time, issues are rather simple to fix, and trying to do something advanced first will just complicate things further.

Could you post the log file I mentioned? It might not have the answer, but it's at least something to try. Otherwise this might be beyond my experiences with the game to really help you out.

You also haven't posted what your system is, like I asked. What specs do you have? What Mac model do you have? OS X version?

(This post was last modified: 12-07-2015, 05:16 PM by Mudbill.)
12-07-2015, 05:15 PM
Find
Unregistered

(12-07-2015, 05:15 PM)Mudbill Wrote: Whether I have a solution or not depends on whether I can recognize or reproduce the issue, which is not the case so far, so I'm afraid I don't. I was just asking some general questions as most of the time, issues are rather simple to fix, and trying to do something advanced first will just complicate things further.

Could you post the log file I mentioned? It might not have the answer, but it's at least something to try. Otherwise this might be beyond my experiences with the game to really help you out.

You also haven't posted what your system is, like I asked. What specs do you have? What Mac model do you have? OS X version?

You never asked so I never told. Also what log file? it just says nothing is wrong with it and then closes the message when I click ok.

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Late 2012)
OSX Yosemite 10.10.5 (I was having the problem in amnesia when it was still mountain lion)

I've had my computer for about 2.5 years now.
12-08-2015, 10:49 AM
Jump to the post that solved this thread.