Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SOMA glitches at Ocean Depths
ajax Offline

Threads: 1
Not Solved SOMA glitches at Ocean Depths

I recently purchased SOMA on steam. I began playing 3 hours ago and was able to play up to the Comm Stations just fine. However, when I regained consciousness in the water the game started getting really glitchy. I tried putting all of the video settings at their lowest (I had been playing at max settings) but the problem persists.

I have a 2014 Macbook Pro with retina display.

.jpg   SOMA error.jpg (Size: 39.77 KB / Downloads: 24)
12-28-2015, 09:16 AM
Find Reply
Romulator Offline
Not Tech Support ;-)

Threads: 62
Not Solved RE: SOMA glitches at Ocean Depths

If your error is what I think it is, it is to do with the game rendering underwater vegetation, a problem which has come up on some AMD cards.

Something you could try would be to follow nebej's temporary manual solution:
(09-22-2015, 09:01 PM)nebej Wrote: You could try a temporary manual solution if you would like
Rename the undergrowth folder in the game folder to _undergrowth. This will disable rendering of the terrain vegetation (which it looks like is the problem)

I pulled that particular quote from this thread, since you seem to be having similar issues:
https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/th...25416.html

Furthermore, I recommend making sure you have the latest graphics drivers, whether they are AMD drivers or not.

Discord: Romulator#0001
[Image: 3f6f01a904.png]
(This post was last modified: 12-28-2015, 09:27 AM by Romulator.)
12-28-2015, 09:25 AM
Find Reply
ajax Offline

Threads: 1
Not Solved RE: SOMA glitches at Ocean Depths

Thanks! I will give this a try, hopefully a permanent solution is found... the game is spectacular and I hate to see it become unplayable this way.
12-28-2015, 10:36 PM
Find Reply

[-]
Quick Reply

Human Verification
Please tick the checkbox that you see below. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.