Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

What part of Amnesia scared you the most?
Brosive Offline

Threads: 9
RE: What part of Amnesia scared you the most?

(02-06-2013, 03:48 PM)JustAnotherPlayer Wrote: So, you don't think yelling out "Stephano!!, MRCHAIR!, And screaming on video(which makes people laugh)" didn't ruined Amnesia? Amnesia became a funny game due to PewDiePie yelling and his fanbase fueling him to do it more. The culprit is the fanbase, not the guy. Pewdie could be Cry, too if it wasn't for those meddling fans!

It all depends, I seen some of PewDiePie's Amnesia videos and they didn't ruin it for me. Sure, I don't like how he is playing the game, but it didn't make Amnesia funny imo.

[Image: avenged_sevenfold_banner_by_pngsforfree-d48nxnc.gif]
02-06-2013, 04:41 PM
Find
felixmole Offline

Threads: 7

(02-06-2013, 04:25 PM)Funderbunk Wrote: Obviously all horror LPs have an air of comedy and nightmare retardant. The entire point is to see how other people react to things.
I've noticed there were two categories of LPers. Some of them decided to immerse themselves completely into the game (ie. refrain from making jokes every 1/4 of minute) and enable to watcher to witness genuine reactions (eg. JohnnyKnodoff, theRadBrad, RandomoVideos); while some others have decided to try to be funny (eg. Tobuscus, PewDiePie).

Personally, I prefer the former because genuine reactions are actually the most funny. Those in the second category are usually much funnier when in company of somebody else (I directly felt this when watching the hilarious Amnesia Speedrun by GamesR4FITE).

The most important thing to note, amid all these videos, is that this community of LPers participates in the longevity of Amnesia, which is why I'm happy that PewDiePie is there, even though I don't watch his LPs! Smile
(This post was last modified: 02-06-2013, 08:00 PM by felixmole.)
02-06-2013, 07:43 PM
Find
Syronix Offline

Threads: 4

Dude ,screw pewdiepie for a second (no offense pewdie) let's just focus on the thread. No offense again everyone.
02-07-2013, 10:14 AM
Find
JimmyEqualsMe Offline

Threads: 1

The first time I played the gam, it was the first time you encounter the Grunt. In the Archives Main Hall. It is just after you've done the puzzle with the books, and when you wander out of that room and into the Main Hall. The Grunt just walks out of the room to your right and slips out of sight. Most LPs I've seen don't even notice the Grunt, only the noise, but when I played it the first time, I almost shat myself. Honestly.

Another place where I still need to change my trousers when I'm done playing is the prison. Especially a short time after arrival when you walk up some stairs and the Grunt is right on top. Almost makes me cry thinking about it.

And the Guest Room. When the Grunt breaks in and you have to hide in a closet to survive. Just hearing his breath just outside the closet door is still giving me chills.
02-07-2013, 10:47 PM
Find
Wixtofa Offline

Threads: 0

I can't really think of one particular moment, but these ones freaked me out quite a bit the first time I played it.

The Archives after you complete the bookshelf puzzle and are on your way back out, after just glimpsing the monster as it walks out. Getting closer to the exit when you hear a quiet groan from a monster from one of the nearby rooms. It was so subtle that I wasn't sure if it was a monster or not, and Daniel didn't react. I was definatly tensed up at that point.

The Wine Cellar when you pick upt the Laudium and then you see the monster's silouette in the doorway.
In the Storage when you're almost at the chain part with the 'not traditional fire' and you're in a room with two doors on the right. The first door you can open and explore, but when you get close to the second one it's all BANG BANG BANG and pants are shat.

The Prison, of course. Going through the tunnel out of the cell thinking that's it for the Prison and then the dread of realizing there's still more Prison to get through.
(This post was last modified: 02-10-2013, 10:07 AM by Wixtofa.)
02-10-2013, 10:06 AM
Find
Clord Offline

Threads: 7

In Amnesia - The Great Work. Pick up Stephano statue and try to take it out of the room and see what happens. While one could argue it is an easter egg, it is easy to see what influenced the authors to do it.

Anyway. My first Amnesia playthrough I kind of miss saw stuff due game had built up quite a tension. I could have swore I saw Grunt when I was on a ledge outside of window.
(This post was last modified: 02-13-2013, 05:07 PM by Clord.)
02-13-2013, 05:04 PM
Find
Josh The Biker Offline

Threads: 9

Spoilers
Ay, caramba...walking out of the Morgue...*expects stupid monster to break the door* *runs away and hides*
The music hasn't stopped...
Hm...
Well, doesn't hurt to try!
*walks out into the hallway*
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!
OH NOES, I HIT MY KNEE ON THE TABLE!
And in the Dungeon in Amnesia: Justine...
I call that way more intense then the Kaernk.
My heart was pounding, and the first time I went through, I was like "hell no I'm getting out of here" and left Marot to die.

[Image: Pearl_Normal_1.gif]
02-14-2013, 07:06 AM
Find
PutraenusAlivius Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 75

(02-14-2013, 07:06 AM)Josh The Biker Wrote: Spoilers
Ay, caramba...walking out of the Morgue...*expects stupid monster to break the door* *runs away and hides*
The music hasn't stopped...
Hm...
Well, doesn't hurt to try!
*walks out into the hallway*
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!
OH NOES, I HIT MY KNEE ON THE TABLE!
And in the Dungeon in Amnesia: Justine...
I call that way more intense then the Kaernk.
My heart was pounding, and the first time I went through, I was like "hell no I'm getting out of here" and left Marot to die.
Me too(on the dungeon). When Malo was breaking through that door, and i was going to the door to pull on the wheel to open the door, i saw Inspector Marot. Malo broken through the gate and the gate was opened halfway, so i was like "Adios~!" (Crouches beneath gate)

"Veni, vidi, vici."
"I came, I saw, I conquered."
02-14-2013, 09:39 AM
Find
AlexCarlson Offline

Threads: 4

The monster hallucination in the long hallway early in the game and when I saw the brute guard the only way out of the sewers... T_T
02-14-2013, 03:53 PM
Website Find
Zgroktar Offline

Threads: 1

Probably the Choir, overall the best level in the game in my opinion.
02-15-2013, 04:15 PM
Find