Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Floating Midway
Robby Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 38
Floating Midway

I'm working on a small mod that is named Floating Midway.
It is WIP, so you may need to wait.

Currently, there are no pics present. But there will be.

Work in progress: Overall!
Scripting-0% (Not much scripting knowledge)
Mapping-50%
Storyline- 90%
Sounds-100% (Added Same Sounds The Demo Will Use!)
Lighting (Funky)-60%
Map1- Currently, Progress Listed Above!
Map2- Queued, But no progress made.

Info: The Mod takes place in an unknown place. Not in a castle, nor in a base, nor anywhere. It takes place in the sleep of death. It demonstrates how crude the sleep of death can become. A nightmare after a dream. And a dream after death.

You will experience slight horror scenes, creatures of unknown origin, and stuff like ceilingless areas, roads that are thin and you can fall off the road, and roads that are like roots. They spread into areas. And also, areas that have light, even though there are no light sources nearby, and colored lights. If you get confused, the pics that I will send soon will demonstrate it.

Also, don't be too serious when you get to see pictures. It is just my first time with the editor and barely have any scripting knowledge, and I know I would make lame maps, but at least I would learn and attempt to make better maps.

EDIT: Check the Demo Status! An error is holding progress back!
EDIT2: If you wonder how can I load the map even though it won't appear on the Custom Story List, I've set up a Development Environment. Otherwise I can't do scripting and playtesting whatsoever.

Check Post #3 so that you can understand what the colored lights mean.
I can also say that I would release a small demo of the work, but, right now, the areas where you find yourself are currently unfinished, so you may see through things.

EDIT3: The Colored Lights won't have much use, but Consider searching for them. If you wish! You Will also encounter walls that are visible from the inside, but invisible from the outside. Bit of unreality!

Demo Status: Released.
Scripting- 100%
Mapping- 100% (Kinda Buggy!)
Secret Area- PRIVATE. (Close to 100%)
Scary Sounds- 100%
Fixing Errors- All Detected errors Fixed!
PlayTesting- 100%

RUIN!: I had to force the editor sometimes and I ended up with clipping errors. If I remove the source, it will allow you to peek through the map, ruining it. I may need you to get used to that.

NOTE!: The Demo will be only about 40% of the Entire Story. It will be short and it will get you used to the map. Things will be different from the final version.

THIS POST WAS UPDATED ON 6th of January, 2011, at around 1:30PM

Infrequently active. Don't expect an immediate response. Best to contact me at a different locale. If I create a thread, expect me to be quite active.
(This post was last modified: 01-06-2011, 12:28 PM by Robby.)
01-04-2011, 07:25 PM
Website Find
ModManDann Offline

Threads: 6
RE: Floating Midway

print screen

Current project: Mind Trap
01-04-2011, 07:39 PM
Find
Robby Offline
Posting Freak

Ok, I'll try that, but not now. But I will tell you a twist:
You must coordinate yourself in the darkness by using your ears for listening to noises you hear (Even terror noises) and by taking a look to the boxlights that you see.
Here is the color combination:
-Red means a zone or road that is not safe.
-Blue means a zone where an item (like, you know, the *******) and other useful stuff can be found.
-Green means a road that you must follow.
-Orange means a zone or road that has an unexpected end and you must turn back.
-Hdden light that indicates something secret (Rarely)

Doors will be put up on some roads, but be careful. Doors lit up as red are locked. Doors lit up as green are unlocked.

Everything depends on the colored lights. Expect more about this mod soon.

EDIT: I forgot to mention, there is only total darkness. But you may be able to see colored lights in the distance.

And you may expect something bad once you jump in to the game. You don't play Floating Midway. Floating Midway plays you!

Infrequently active. Don't expect an immediate response. Best to contact me at a different locale. If I create a thread, expect me to be quite active.
(This post was last modified: 01-04-2011, 08:07 PM by Robby.)
01-04-2011, 07:54 PM
Website Find
machosalad Offline

Threads: 8

Sounds interesting.
01-04-2011, 09:06 PM
Find
Robby Offline
Posting Freak

(01-04-2011, 07:39 PM)ModManDann Wrote: print screen

Well, print screen doesn't work. Can't take screenshots. Neither In-game or in editor. Any other suggestions would do fine.

Mod Update: Made very little progress. Will update first post if I get the chance.

(This post was last modified: 01-04-2011, 09:07 PM by Robby.)
01-04-2011, 09:06 PM
Website Find
Mofo Offline

Threads: 4

Press F8 to make a screenshot. The images will be stored inside your main Amnesia folder.

*edit*
You can only take screenshots in-game, not inside the level editor.
(This post was last modified: 01-04-2011, 09:22 PM by Mofo.)
01-04-2011, 09:14 PM
Find
adamhun Offline

Threads: 4

I could only take screenshots with a program(fraps), but others like Xfire may work too.
sounds interesting BTW! Smile
Edit: haha. Posted on the same time Big Grin

-Retired-
(This post was last modified: 01-04-2011, 09:15 PM by adamhun.)
01-04-2011, 09:14 PM
Find
DIGI Byte Offline

Threads: 20

cropper is a nice little program that can take sections of your screen and put it into images so you can upload
01-05-2011, 12:16 AM
Find
Robby Offline
Posting Freak

Thanks for all your replies. It is just my first story, and my first post is updated when I make progress. Only thing is, I will also put on the time and day when the update was done. Check the first post from time to time.
Here is the Starting area (WIP).

I didn't take the rest of the map, because it is very WIP!

EDIT: New Screenshots Available!

The First Pic presents the Starting Area which was unfinished at the time.
The Second Pic presents the Starting Area (Again!), now finished, but buggy (I'm pretty lame, since this is the first time at me building this [Unbelievably])

(This post was last modified: 01-05-2011, 04:46 PM by Robby.)
01-05-2011, 01:30 PM
Website Find
Robby Offline
Posting Freak

People, you could expect a demo Tomorrow at an undecided time, as I'm now scripting and added bits of unreality into the Story. It's a Dream after Death, which means a Nightmare that looks definitely Unreal! So, take a look at the pics, and wait on. I can't Take the whole map into account. Not Finished. Plus it ain't perfect. Hold onto your heads, and you'll get the demo soon [All problems fixed!].

01-05-2011, 05:04 PM
Website Find