Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Data will not save
Tanshaydar Offline
From Beyond

Threads: 17
Solved: 8 Years, 2 Months ago RE: Data will not save

(03-22-2011, 03:14 AM)tool Wrote: 1. My user account on Windows 7 64 bit is an administrator account.

Did you even read what I wrote?

03-22-2011, 01:53 PM
Website Find
tool Offline

Threads: 0

(03-15-2011, 05:33 PM)Tanshaydar Wrote: Try to login into Administrator account. Press CTRL + ALT + DEL on login screen and choose administrator account, and try there. If it works, then your account is screwed, same thing happened to me while I was trying to play BioShock, and I was screwing with the settings myself, I did something wrong.

Fresh install, and voilà!

(03-15-2011, 08:53 PM)Tanshaydar Wrote: Press those "on login screen".

(03-16-2011, 11:00 AM)Tanshaydar Wrote: You guys didn't understand it. Administrator account is a different account than yours, this, if you didn't already login to Administrator account.

Have you ever seen the permission table? Your account, TrustedInstaller and Administrator accounts are there, which means you have Admin permissions, yes however, didn't login into Administrator account.

Administrator account is a unique and standalone account.

As for @bigjt's question, fresh install of Windows 7, but you have to make sure it IS a permission problem, as it was for myself.

(03-16-2011, 12:00 PM)Tanshaydar Wrote: I say this, because it happened to me with BioShock from Steam. If you can save your game in Administrator account, then your user account has some serious permission issues. I don't know how to solve it, I just re-installed Windows.

Your problem might be different from mine, so, I recommended to try in Administrator account to make sure we have same problem. Otherwise, your solution might be different, and I don't want you to re-install an operating system from scratch because of my stupidity.

(03-22-2011, 01:53 PM)Tanshaydar Wrote:
(03-22-2011, 03:14 AM)tool Wrote: 1. My user account on Windows 7 64 bit is an administrator account.

Did you even read what I wrote?

Yep... what else is there? There is no seperate "Administrator Account." In my Windows 7 64 Bit Ultimate, there's one account which is the 1 account I created at Windows installation and it is the Administrator account. There is no "stand alone" administrator account.
03-22-2011, 02:26 PM
Find
Tanshaydar Offline
From Beyond

There is, but you couldn't find it.
Want a little help?
Try google.
http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-v...ows-vista/

03-22-2011, 03:35 PM
Website Find
tool Offline

(03-22-2011, 03:35 PM)Tanshaydar Wrote: There is, but you couldn't find it.
Want a little help?
Try google.
http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-v...ows-vista/

Awesome thank you. I'll give this a shot when I get back home. I guess I misunderstood what you were saying in your posts.
03-22-2011, 11:39 PM
Find
Tanshaydar Offline
From Beyond

I can't guarantee that will work. It's just an assumption because similar thing happened to me.

03-23-2011, 12:51 AM
Website Find
tool Offline

Did the command, opened the Administrator account, played the game under the Administrator account, tried to save it but it still won't work. The game will not actually write a save game data file to the Amnesia save games folder located in documents.
03-26-2011, 09:08 PM
Find
tool Offline

Any developer anywhere that's gonna help me out? I love this game, and wish I could play it, but the only option I have in doing that is pretty much playing the game ALL the way through in one sitting, since I pretty much cannot save the game.
03-28-2011, 05:44 AM
Find
jens Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 199

Have you tried creating a new profile in the game? In case something went wrong when you created the original profile.
03-28-2011, 06:51 AM
Website Find
tool Offline

I will try right now.
Went in game, created a new profile, played through the first 5 minutes. Saved and exited. I then continued the game, played a bit more, saved and exited. I checked on my load game screen to see if it said the game saved. It did, like it always had before, with 2 saves showing in game.

I exit the game completely to the desktop and go to my documents folder. I check in the Amnesia save game area folder and there is no folder that was created of the new profile name I created, and of course there are no save game files either.
In other words, it does not seem to have worked.
Hmmm, there's a text file in my Documents/Amnesia/Main folder called hpl. It looks like a bunch of text that are logs for the game. It talks a bit about saves and stuff, but there are also some Warning errors as well. I'm gonna paste it here, as perhaps it may have something to do with my problem? The text file is attached.

Attached Files
.log   hpl.log (Size: 83.2 KB / Downloads: 87)
(This post was last modified: 03-28-2011, 07:10 AM by tool.)
03-28-2011, 06:53 AM
Find
jens Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 199

There does not seem to be anything awfully wrong with the log, most of it are normal errors and warnings.

I don't have any other suggestions really. Perhaps some anti-virus program or similar that blocks the game from writing files, but I suppose it would pop up a warning if that was the case.
03-28-2011, 07:57 AM
Website Find