Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Hello I'm a modeller
Hermoor Offline

Threads: 8
RE: Hello I'm a modeller

Quote:ok true... depends on the lighting... but what about the "thing" i requested? is it going well or you haven't started yet?
The piano? Haven't started on it yet, I think I'm first going to finish the girl and a monster someone requested. Modeling objects is so boring...and you can't paint the texture. Far too hard to paint a realistic material...also you can't be creative while modeling it. You have to follow a blueprint...

It's like building with legos following a blueprint, or build your own structure with lego. The last option is more fun, and goes faster since you don't have to copy something. :p

Little girl is about to get textures:
[Image: 32150819.png]
(This post was last modified: 05-22-2011, 08:26 PM by Hermoor.)
05-22-2011, 05:48 PM
Find
Hermoor Offline

Ok have done the basic painting. I kind of don't want to ruin her cutness :p How to make her more scary looking?
[Image: girlyi.png]
05-22-2011, 10:37 PM
Find
Simpanra Offline

Threads: 28

awesome man! =D looking great! ^_^

Maybe put some blood stains on her or something? ^_^

Edd,
05-22-2011, 10:44 PM
Find
Kyle Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 36

I can see her to become a monsterous creature! Big Grin

Have her vanish and reappear at certain moments and play those female screaming noises. Or you could make your own little girl laughs and stuff. :p

05-22-2011, 11:05 PM
Find
Hermoor Offline

Ok managed to make her look more scary, removed eyebrowns and darkened her face and the color in her face. I think face is getting close to finished. Dress and umm the stockings needs more work. Please help me find what needs to be improved, like you did with the eyes on the jaguar.

EDIT: Also just noticed, hair needs more detail, lost a lot of it in the shading...
[Image: tttla.png]
(This post was last modified: 05-22-2011, 11:53 PM by Hermoor.)
05-22-2011, 11:52 PM
Find
MrBigzy Offline

Threads: 18

That seems pretty low poly too, you could probably give it more detail. Or is it just supposed to be a small doll?
05-23-2011, 12:35 AM
Find
Danny Boy Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 85

(05-22-2011, 11:52 PM)Hermoor Wrote: Ok managed to make her look more scary, removed eyebrowns and darkened her face and the color in her face. I think face is getting close to finished. Dress and umm the stockings needs more work. Please help me find what needs to be improved, like you did with the eyes on the jaguar.

EDIT: Also just noticed, hair needs more detail, lost a lot of it in the shading...
[Image: tttla.png]

well for start i think in the face she looks a bit old :/

the cloths seam to be ok but id try to had some blood stains in it... but that would be too dead space soo idk...

about the hands... is it just me or are they a bit big? i might be just me but they look like claws or something

and for last but not least the hair looks nice side way but on front view looks a bit cut of... a bit too artificial... improve that and she will be perfect Wink

ps: don't know if she will be animated or not but shouldn't a character that is going to be animated be in a T form? or am i just a total 3D stuff noob Tongue?
05-23-2011, 12:37 AM
Website Find
Hermoor Offline

Ok major update, oh yes...but it's better if it's in upside down v form. Since she sometimes might hang wih her arms. Anyway...dammit I forgot to change that in the modeling phase. Well, if someone will animate her they have to avoid stretching her arms too high :p
[Image: girlscary.png]
I don't think...her black whatever they are called really need a texture do they? Anyway...what do you think. Should I add blood or maybe she is more creepier without gore?

EDIT:

@MrBigzy
It's close to 2300 triangles, I took a look at the models inside the game. The slave zombies or whatever. They are about the same, 2000-3000 triangles.

Also I might be able to change the pose of her arms without much difficulty..

EDIT 2:
Or maybe....:p
[Image: whyd.png]
(This post was last modified: 05-23-2011, 01:24 AM by Hermoor.)
05-23-2011, 12:55 AM
Find
Simpanra Offline

Threads: 28

oh wow! xD i love it! the first one is amazing! (the clown one should be an alternate version) x3
05-23-2011, 08:50 AM
Find
Hermoor Offline

So should I send it to you for animation or?
05-23-2011, 03:25 PM
Find