Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Horror: The Vanishing Of Ethan Carter
MrBehemoth Offline

Threads: 19
RE: Horror: The Vanishing Of Ethan Carter

(10-01-2014, 01:04 AM)MrBehemoth Wrote: Only problem, my PC can't handle the amount of loading in the open world. If I hang around in one place it runs beautifully, but if I take just... a few... steps.... over..... there....... it stutters and hangs for a literally minutes until all the new assets are loaded in.

For anyone else having this issue, I've found a way to fix it almost entirely. It's now running well with only minor stuttering in very open scenes.

1) Go to your installation folder > Engine > Config and open BaseEngine.ini in your text editor. Find the line "bSmoothFrameRate=FALSE" and editor to "TRUE".

That should lock the frame rate and reduce the length of the stutters. Now to free up some processing power at just the right time, i.e., when you are looking around:

2) Now start up the game. In the control setting turn off smooth camera, i.e., set it to zero.

3) In the graphics menu, turn off motion blur.

I found that these 3 things together made a massive difference. I even got to crank the graphics back up to 11. Smile

10-01-2014, 10:19 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Horror: The Vanishing Of Ethan Carter - by MrBehemoth - 10-01-2014, 10:19 PM