Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

What part of Amnesia scared you the most?
FlawlessHappiness Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 145
RE: What part of Amnesia scared you the most?

(12-21-2012, 01:40 PM)DogFood Wrote: This is going to sound weird but... Archives.

I know alot of players that handled that place with ease, even FG said that its a bit boring /non scary part of the game.

But something about that place just kept me shivering, ESPECIALLY the ambient music in the background... Seriously, that ambience sounds like a choir of grunts singing.

Yea! I keep coming back to the archives when i level-edit.
That long room where the first grunt appears...
That place is stuck in my mind... Though i weren't that scared there again.. It was the prison and the storage...
The storage because it was so dark, and the monster-encounters were so cruel! When you've collected what you needed in the storage and you are running back, the tension raises, the shadow roars above you and suddenly a grunt is coming directly towards you, just when you went up some stairs... You are so focussed on getting away from that place, that the grunt is very unexpected, and yet... you knew it was coming.

The prison was scary, because it felt like those grunts were patroling. I was afraid everytime i found light, because that was when you encountered them. All the time i had to make sure that i knew where the "safe spots" were, so i could run towards them if a grunt appeared.

But that was the first time... When i play it now, it isn't that scary again. Still i LOVE the atmosphere

Trying is the first step to success.
12-21-2012, 03:33 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: What part of Amnesia scared you the most? - by FlawlessHappiness - 12-21-2012, 03:33 PM