Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

What part of Amnesia scared you the most?
rtjhbfvsrry Offline

Threads: 1
RE: What part of Amnesia scared you the most?

My most scared moments in order of the most terrifying last.

- There is a room very early on that is extremely dark and there is one of those suits of armour standing in the back. First time I played it I thought there was someone standing there and I didn't expect anything that early in the game so it freaked me the hell out and I actually fearquit. Not my proudest moment.

- I stared at the wall for about ten minutes in the Wine Cellar because I was too afraid to check if the grunt was still there.

- The Archives entirely. The noises, the constant monstrous moaning and gurgles, the self-playing Piano. Urgh! This area still sets me on edge every time. The first time, I saw that grunt walking around the corner, freaked out, ran to the other side and triggered that damned poofer and then nearly had a heart attack, yet the thing that gave me the biggest jump was that damned urn exploding. Freaking jumpscares!

- The Iron Maiden and the exploding Torch thing in the storage. I repeat, freaking jumpscares!

- Three monsters in the Chancel. That was a huge surprise because on first playthrough I didn't meet any monsters after Aggripa until these - frankly I was getting a bit complacent.

- Storage. For some reason I convinced myself that since none of the monsters I met before except for the Kaernk had actually attacked me that these monsters were all show and no teeth. I proceeded to spawn every monster available in the storage and they taught me a lesson. First after picking up the drill part, then the one hidden behind the door, then the one who spawns after you pick up the rods, and finally the one near the collapsed rocks.

- The Brute in the morgue after injecting myself. I thought it was another jumpscare and I didn't expect something to actually come in, so I was in a huge panic when I realized something was actually behind the door and I had to run like hell. I stood in a corner in one of the morgue rooms and I kept hearing it right behind me, I was terrified! I felt like it took half an hour for it to leave.

- The Sewers. I saw the Brute, I sneaked back to pick up the rock and then proceeded to accidentally bang the pipe with the rock. Before I realized what happened the Brute was already walking into view to investigate and I ran like hell. I died right before reaching the ladder and my heartbeat was almost painful.

- The Black Hall. Yes, the safest area in the game scared me most. I was extremely rattled after the Storage and went to the Black Hall to recover, it was my safe place. I was looking around and then, very stressed out, and the fountain was fine. Then I looked around again and there was a corpse in the fountain. I was flabbergasted and just stared at it for a few minutes. Then I looked away and back again and the corpse was gone. Deciding that wasn't the safe place I required I walked up the stairs to where the Study and Guest Room are because those were doors, those were safe and as I reached the top of the stairs... chewed up torso. Every single illusion of safety in this game was broken at that moment.

Oddly enough some areas other people found the most scary didn't get me much at all - first time around I got really lucky and second time around I'd seen a few LPs so I knew what was there. First playthrough at the Prison I saw some of the monsters in the distance but that's it because of my finely tuned "run away at any noise" response and in the Choir I heard a grand total of one Brute noise and didn't see a single one. I heard the chase music once in the Prison but I didn't realize the music meant I was being chased at the time.

Oh, and the Kaernk didn't scare me at all. I know a lot of people think that thing's terrifying but I found it rather silly. I kept thinking "Gollum, why are you chasing me if you already have the ring on?". I replayed the area with my girlfriend later and she found it terrifying, however.
01-28-2013, 09:59 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: What part of Amnesia scared you the most? - by rtjhbfvsrry - 01-28-2013, 09:59 PM