Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

What part of Amnesia scared you the most?
AutoCon8411 Offline

Threads: 0
RE: What part of Amnesia scared you the most?

Any part where it involved a tense scripted chase (Archive Tunnels, Cells)... I tend to tense up too much during those and my heart beats a million per second. I then cherish every moment of peace and victory once I reach the next room.

The Cellar Archives always got to me. I was never a fan of in-game parkour, and it didn't make it any better with a Kaernk in each room. Then the Tunnels D:

The Prison had me on the edge of my seat for the most part, mainly due to the maze-like corridors that made it up. I didn't know what to do or where to hide if a Grunt found me, because half of the cells were either locked or were inaccessible, and I didn't know which ones. Reading over on both prison blocks, I realised (prior to playing) that it gets worse in the Northern Block, and it put me off for some time.

The Sewers were quite nerve-wracking. I remember reading up on the part where you had to distract a Brute near the end of the level, so I tried that. I misread the instructions, and tried to throw the rock from one side of the path, over the Brute's head, to the other side. Both attempts got me killed (I splashed when I hopped back into the water (I then hid behind another pipe, praying for the Brute to go away), and I threw a rock too high and it hit a pipe just above me and rebounded to where I was) and ruined my no-death playthrough.

The Choir. I was put off from playing the game for a few days because a Brute spawned opposite my hiding place (the other side of a pillar). I couldn't move without risking it seeing me, but eventually I completed the task at hand, at the cost of control over my shaking hands...
09-27-2013, 02:41 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: What part of Amnesia scared you the most? - by AutoCon8411 - 09-27-2013, 02:41 PM